22 - That's another secret...

*Sofia pov*

It's been three weeks since Sam started working with me and she's been awesome. She is a good kid, she's smart and sweet, she's kind and she has a lot of positive energy.
Having her every day around me has been so good. I always have someone that keeps me company in the moments when there's no one in and we also get lunch together pretty often.

"Sofia, they delivered the newest books!" She calls me while I'm in the back of the store
"Coming!"
"Ok, I'll start opening the boxes" she says
I tho ish to do why I was doing and walk back to the front to help Sam.
I've ordered all the new books that have come out in December and January, so we've got some work to do, they are all genres book and space from books for kids to adults ones.

"Oh those are gonna go up there" I tell her as she unpacks a box
"I'll grab the latter"
"Thanks Sam"
Once she's got the latter we place it and I go up and she hands me a few books at a time.
"These seem nice ones"
"The plot is good" I tell her
"Mhm...might get one for myself"
"You can honey, whatever you want, just make sure to scribble it down somewhere"
"Thank you Sofia" she says smiling up at me

We kept on doing that unthinkable I had to stop cause a huge wave on nausea hit me, I had to try and keep it under control
"Sof are you ok?"
"Mhm...What?"
"I asked if you're ok...you look pale..."
"I feel dizzy..."
"You should come down from there" she says extending a hand towards me "I've got you...let's sit here yeah?" She says making me sit in a couch once I'm down
"Is there anything I can do?"
"I....I just need to breath"
"Ok...I'm here"
I breathed in deeply a few times trying to get my nausea at bay but I had to rush to the bathroom a few moments after, emptying my stomach into the toilet
"Ugh!"
"Ehy...you should be feeling better now..." she tells me probably thinking I have just a bug
"I wish...it's...I'm not sick Sam, I'm pregnant and this is morning sickness hitting me like a truck" I say sitting down on a stool.
I told her cause she's smart enough that since this will be happening again she would figure it out herself...
"Oh...that's another secret..."
"I'm sorry Sam that you have to keep these secrets, I swear Chris and I are figuring out when to tell all of this to the world..."
"Oh no...I must have come off the wrong way, I didn't mean it like that...I'm actually really happy for the two of you and I have no problem keeping your secrets, all my life if I have to"
"You're too sweet" I tell her and then stand up on wobbly legs, but Sam is there to help me
"Why don't you freshen up and I'll get you some peppermint tea to drink, it should help"
"Thank you so much Sam"
"Not a problem"

This girl is really too sweet, I'm glad to have here here and despite the fact that she's 9 year younger than me I can't help but feel a connection to her, like she's my little sister...
Once I'm all done I get back to where our little space is and she hands me my tea
"Do you need something else?"
"No thank you Sam"
"Soooo...how far along are you, if I can know..."
"Sure! I'm eight weeks today actually..."
"Wow!"
"We found out when I was three weeks, so far you, Sebastian and Scott are the only people to know...we're gonna wait till the 12 week mark to tell the rest of the family. Our brothers know just in case something goes wrong...I have PCOS so it's a bit harder"
"I'm sorry to hear about that...that's why you needed to hire someone?"
"I would have probably still done it even if I didn't have a riskier pregnancy but yeah...I knew I needed the help and I'm glad to have found you"
"I'm really happy to be working with you"
Sam and I shared a hug and then once she made sure I was ok again we went on with what we were doing, stopping when clients came in.

At 6.30 we were both ready to go home after a tiring Friday.
"What are you doing tonight?" I ask her as I switch off the laptop
"Oh nothing...gonna order some takeout..."
"It's takeout night with your parents?"
"Uhm no...they're out of town for work, they're gonna come back on Thursday. So I'm alone for the week..."
"Oh...you should call some friends over..."
"I uh...I don't really have friends..."
"Sam..." I say putting a hand on her shoulder
"I've got picked on a lot in school, that's why I decided not to go to college right away...I wanted to find myself again I guess. So yeah, no friends..."
"I'm so sorry sweetie..." I tell her pulling her in a hug
"It used to hurt so much, now I almost don't pay attention to it anymore..."
"Well what do you think of coming home with me tonight? Chris and I will be happy to have you for the week, so that you're not alone..."
"That's too much Sofia, I can't...you guys need your space..."
"We'll soon won't be having space to ourselves so having you won't be a problem...plus I'll feel better knowing that you're not all alone..."
"I...thanks" she says pulling me into another hug
"No need to...text your parents about it, we'll swing by your house and then go back to mine"

After stopping at her house so she could gather the things she needed and I talked with Chris and told him about it, we drove home.
"Welcome home ladies!" Chris says welcoming me in a warm hug and giving a kiss to my head
"Hi baby" I tell him and he kisses my lisp quickly
"Hi..."
"Hi Chris, thanks for having me..."
"Oh it's no problem at all and ehy...we can be your friends!" He tells her giving her a side hug "I know we're older than you but we're cool"
"You guys are! I'd like to have friends like you"
"You have them" I tell her "now let's go, my husband said he would make dinner for us..."
"Actually I only heated it up in the oven, ma came by earlier and gave me some lasagna..."
"It's to die for, let dig in" I say sitting at the table after we both washed our hands
"Thank you so much again, oh and congratulations Chris, you're both gonna make amazing parents, I'm sure!"
Chris and I smile fondly at her before digging in our food and keeping the conversation alive.

A/n
Sorry for not posting yesterday but I was so tired and really busy.
To make it up to you I'm gonna try to post tomorrow as well instead of skipping a day like I usually do, hope you liked this chapter!🩷