25 - Under the flashlights

A/n
Sorry for the delay of today's chapter but I feel pretty shitty, haven't been feeling good today...hope you'll like this🩵 tell me what you think!!!

*Chris pov*

We landed in LA yesterday and by we I mean Sofia, Sebastian and I.
Tonight or should I say in two hours there's the premiere of The Avengers.
Not to attract many people we did not land at LAX but at a smaller airport where paparazzi weren't expecting us so no one has pictures of us.
Our hotel rooms are adjacent and we spent last night in the massive bed talking about how things will go tonight.

They came with me only for support, they're gonna stay at the hotel and watch the premiere, but tonight I'm gone let my wedding band shine. I usually take it off whenever I'm not at home, that's how I kept the secret so far but tonight we're coming out...or at least I'm showing everyone that I'm off the market, we're not gonna say who I'm married to just yet, and another thing that is gonna happen is that I organized a little after party with the avengers cast here in the hotel where we staying, and then I'm gonna let Sofia in, that's how they'll find out that she's pregnant.

"Are you ready?" She asks knocking softly on the bathroom door
"Almost..." I tell her as I finish to adjust my beard...I honestly did something crazy last night before going to bed...I gave myself a buzz cut.
To say that both Sofia and Sebastian were shocked is an understatement...
"Can I come in?"
"Sure baby"
She lets herself in and leaves the door open, it's just the two of us for now, in a few minutes my suit is gonna arrive with my stylist in tow...
"You look so handsome" she says as she wraps her arms around my waist from behind and places a few kisses on my shoulder blades, she then runs her fingers in my abs making me shiver
"You are playing a dangerous game sweetheart and we do not have the time..."
"Just wanted to tease you a bit...I'm sure when you come back you'll make me pay..."
"Ugh..."
"Move that nice butt of yours, she's about to arrive" she says swatting my butt as she exits the bathroom.

"You two decent?" I hear Sebastian ask
"Your best friend is without his tshirt in the bathroom, otherwise we're all decent" Sofia replies opening the door for him I guess.
I come out a few minutes later and as soon as I do my stylist knocks on the door and Sofia lets her in
"Hi you all! Thai is your suit Chris, you should go change..."
"Thanks"
I hear them chatting as I change into my suit, white shirt, grey jacket, vest and pants and black shoes.
When I come out of the room Sofia smirks at me telling me how handsome I look and I feel myself blushing a little.
"She's not wrong buddy" Seb says patting my back
"Thanks!"

One hour after I find myself about to exit the car and walk the carpet, my nerves are eating at me but I have to do this.
As soon as I get out bright flashlights hit my eyes, cameras going off, fans, photographers and interviewers shouting...
I smile and take a few steps before I start to wave and pose making sure that my left hand is out in display.
It's a couple of minutes after when I come closer to the photographers that them and fans start noticing the ring in my left turns finger and they shout a lot more.
I pose for a bit longer before I'm directed to do a couple of interviews.

"You caused quite the stir up out there!"
"It seems so" I say smiling brightly at the interviewer
"Well congratulations are in order then" he says "welcome to the married clan!"
"Thanks man"
"When did this happen? We're all curious now!"
"Back in November"
"Double congrats to managing to keep this under the radar, extend my congratulations to your Mrs"
"I will"
"Now let's talk business, back in your cap suit...how did it feel?"
"I love being in that suit, I mean it's really hot in there but I love playing cap...it was a honor doing this movie with other amazing actors and actresses, we had lots and lots of fun!"
"Black widow, played by Scarlett Johansson, how do you like the character, and you also know Scarlett really well..."
"I do, we met back in 2001, we're close! And I love her character, she's a firecracker!"
"Alright, I'll let you go, congrats again for everything! Enjoy your night!"
"Thanks pal!"

Getting into the theater I feel like I can finally breath again and before I know it Robert is hugging me and then I'm kissing his wife cheeks.
"I knew when you got out of the car cause at some point the crowd went crazy" he says pointing at my ring
"Yup...big announcement!"
"Is everything organized with that party of ours later?"
"Yeah!"
"Good, shall we?" He says pointing to the backstage where Kevin Feige and the rest of the cast is standing
"Sure"

The premiere was absolutely amazing, after it we drank a glass of champagne together and then piled up into two big cars back to my hotel for the party. It's Robert, his wife, Chris and his very pregnant wife, Scarlett, Jeremy, Mark, Tom and Kevin, as for the rest of the cast the stayed there to party.
I asked Kevin to come and he said he was gonna split, before to my party and then to the official one.
"Those doors guys..." I say as we walk down the long corridor.
When we get in the lights are dim and soft music is playing in the background
"Knock yourself out, but first I have to make an announcement" I say with them standing in front of me
"You made the crowd go crazy once tonight..." Jeremy says
"Well this is just for you, at least for now..." I say then extending my hand towards a pillar in the room where Sofia and Sebastian were hiding behind.
When she comes out and the lights hit her everyone gasps
"Holy fuck!" Mark says truly surprised
The first to hug us is Scarlett, tears streaming down her cheeks cause she knows that we had struggled
"You guys did it, oh I'm so happy!" She says hugging us again
"Congrats" Robert says pulling me into a bone crushing hug
"Thanks Rob"
"I can give you tips..."
"Can't wait"
"Me too" Elsa, Chris's wife says to Sofia
"I need them" she says laughing

We spend a few hours party, not as hard as we would have to the official party but it's good enough for us.
"So that's why I won't be able to come to the first week ish of press, we have a very important appointment with her doctor"
"20 weeks scan, plus finding out the gender"
"Oh that's an exciting one" Chris says

Once we're all die with partying Seb, Sofia and I go back to our rooms, Sebastian bidding us goodnight.
"I know I promised to pay you back but..."
"I know you are tired baby, you were so tense before leaving. It's ok, we can wait till tomorrow morning" she says smirking at me
"Thanks baby" I say kissing her head
"How many times you did the same for me...let's just shower and go to sleep"
"Sure"
After showering together with some of the fantastic lavender body wash of the hotel we have no trouble falling asleep...

chrisevans

sofiaevans

sofiaevans