The Final Decision Part 1

Taylor's POV:
It was 10:30 on a Sunday morning and Ellie was still sleeping. I was thinking about adopting her but I need to ask Travis if he's okay with it. He's in Kansas City for a game so I had to call him. "Hey baby! What's up?" He asked over the phone. "Hi Travi! I miss you!" I say. "I miss you too baby." He says. "Okay, don't get mad at me but I have a secret that I need to tell you." I say. "What's the secret?" He asks. "Um, I have been thinking about adopting Ellie." I say. "And that's a secret because?" Travis asked. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I see how you look at her, Tay. You love her. I think you should adopt her. She loves you so much and she's so attached to you." He said. "Really?! Thank you, Travi!" I say. "You're welcome baby. Listen, practice before the game is about to start. I got to go. I'll call you after." He said. "Okay! Good luck! I love you." I say. "Love you too baby." After I finished talking to Travis, I called Tree and asked her to come over so we can get the adoption papers. "Taylor, is this wise?" Tree asks. "Yes, Tree. I love Ellie and she loves me." I say. "Taylor, this isn't a song. This is real life. Are you serious about this?" She asked. Seriously? What would I not be serious about? "Yes, Tree. I'm dead serious." I say in an annoyed voice. "Taylor Alison Swift! Don't give me the attitude." Tree says in a stern, loud voice. "Tree, you're going to wake Ellie up." I say. I was too late. Ellie was already up and on the stairs. "Hey sweetheart. You okay?" I asked. "Are you sending me back to the orphanage?" She asked, her voice breaking. "Oh honey. No. I'm not going to do that. C'mere." I say. I pulled her into a hug as she sobbed into my chest. I looked at Tree and she had a 'I'm sorry' look on her face. I looked back down at Ellie and I hear her breathing quicken. Oh no. A panic attack was starting. "Hey, I need you to follow my breathing, okay?" I say. She nods as she continues to sob and her breathing quickens more. "In and out, baby. In and out. I'm right here. It's okay. Shhhhh." I say. After a couple minutes of me trying to calm her down, she has calmed down. "You okay?" I ask her again. "Yeah. I'm tired though." She said. "Okay sweetheart. You can go back to bed." I say as she goes back upstairs. "What happened?" Tree asked, this time in a quiet voice. "She had a panic attack." I say. "Why?" She asked. "She must've heard you and thought she was getting sent to the orphanage." I say."I'm sorry for walking her up and making her have a panic attack." She said. "It's okay, Tree." I say. We filled out the papers and now we wait to see if me and Travis get approved.