Taking In Adaline

Taylor's POV:
It was Sunday, 10:30 am and it has been 24 hours since I have seen Addie in a very long time. I still can't believe that she remembered me. I had slept with her last night due to a bad nightmare that she had. She's a 2 year old little girl who was in the foster system. I was wide awake the rest of the night, thinking about what to do. My mom had said to take her in, but I don't know if that's the right choice. What am I saying? Of course that's the right choice. Why are mom's always right? I quietly got out of bed and went to make her favorite breakfast: my specialty pancakes. She loves them. I played my music, of course but, I didn't blast it since she was still sleeping. I hear my phone buzz and I see that Travis is calling. I haven't told him about Addie. What do I do? I "accidentally" missed his call and sent him a quick text, 'Hi Travi! I'm sorry for missing your call. I have work to do and I am making breakfast. I'll call you when I can. Love you! 💜' Hope he falls for it. After a while, I hear little footsteps, Addie. "Hey, baby. How'd you sleep after that incident last night?" I asked. "I swept good." She said in a groggy voice. She's still trying to wake up. "I made your favorite." I say. "Tank you, Teffy!" She said. "You're welcome, sweetheart." I say. "What we dofing totay?" She asked. Maybe Travis and her can meet? Yeah, that's a great idea. "Um, so I don't know if you know this." I started. "I have a boyfriend." I say. "His name is Travis and he's super nice. I was thinking you could meet him?" I say. "Otay!" She said. I feel my phone buzz again and I see a text from Travis. 'Hey baby! How about instead of calling, I come over?' This is perfect! I texted back 'Yeah! I have someone who I want you to meet.' "Hey, Addie?" I ask. "Yes, Teffy?" She asked back. "Travis is coming over at 5:00 after football practice." I say. "Otay, Teffy!" She said.
It was 4:58 pm and the door opened. "Travis!" I said. "Hey, Tay." He said. "Teffy?" I hear a quiet voice ask. I turn around and Addie looks so pale. Something's definitely wrong. "What's wrong, Addie?" I ask. She didn't respond. I could see tears in her eyes that were threatening to fall. "Hey, C'mere." I said as soon as one tear fell. I picked her up and carried her to the couch. She sobbed into my chest as I rubbed her back. "Hey, you're okay. Shhhh. I'm here, baby. I'm right here." I say. After a while, her sobs died down to sniffles. "You okay?" I ask. She nods. Travis came in and Addie immediately buried her head into my chest again. She's afraid of Travis. Well, not afraid of my boyfriend but afraid of men. A while later, Addie had fallen asleep on the couch watching none other than Grey's Anatomy with us. "I'm sorry about dinner." I say, keeping an eye on Addie."Hey, it's okay. Is this another one?" He asked. "No actually. This is my sister, Addie." I said. "You have a sister?" He asked. "Yeah. She has been in the foster system since she was a baby. My parents and I had to leave her behind when we moved to Nashville." I say. I hear quiet whimpers coming from Addie. "Hey, you're okay. I'm here." I say quietly as I move some of her hair behind her ear. Her whimpers turned to sobs. Another nightmare. I feel so bad. "Hey, shhhh. It's okay." I said, putting her on my lap and rocking back and forth. She woke up with tears streaming down her face. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I had a bad dweam." She said. "Addie, you're okay. It's over now." I say.