New Kid On The Block

(The Italicized font are Ellie's memories and nighmares)
Ellie's POV:
Miss Minchin came upstairs and barged into my room, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"She screamed. "I-i-i." I couldn't get anything to come out. "GET YOUR LAZY BUTT DOWNSTAIRS OR YOU'LL GET A REALLY BAD PUNISHMENT!"She screams. I hurried downstairs with tears streaming down my face. After a long time, Miss Minchin was asleep. I decided to make a run for it. With tears still flowing, I packed my small bag and grabbed my teddy bear which my parents gave to me before they died and made a run for it. I ran for a long time until I came across a big beautiful house. I was about to go to the front door when a big scary man went in front of me. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! THIS IS PRIVATE PROPERTY!" He screams. I run past him and broke down in tears again. The door opened and a tall woman with blonde hair was in the doorway, "Greg, are you screaming at a child?!" She asked, looking mad at the man. "She's not allowed to be on this property, remember?" He said. "That's enough Greg! Can't you see that she's in distress?" She said in a stern voice. Then she turned her attention to me, "Hi honey. I'm Taylor. Are you okay? Are you lost?" She asked . "N-no." I stutter in a quiet voice as I continue to cry. "Hey. It's okay. Shhhh. What's your name? She said in a comforting voice as she pulled me into a hug. "E-estella.
Y-you-c-can-c-call-m-me-E-ellie. I say, stuttering as I continue to cry. "Okay, Ellie. Do you know where your mommy is?" She asked. "I don't have one." I say, not stuttering. I wasn't entirely lying. But I did have a mommy. She and my daddy died. "Oh honey. I'm so sorry." She says.
Taylor's POV:
It was 8:30 on a Saturday morning when my phone went off. It was Greg, my security guard. I told him to text me if a fan or someone was trying to get onto my property. I read his message: Taylor, a little girl is trying to get on your porch. She is on it now. You might want to get down here. I went to check on Cora first and she was still sleeping. I quietly walked downstairs to the door and opened it. I see Greg with a red, mad look on his face and I see a tiny and skinny little girl with blonde hair. She only had a small backpack on her back and a bear that she had close. She was in tears. "Greg, are you screaming at a child?!" I ask, looking at him madly. "She's not allowed on your property, remember?" He asked. "That's enough, Greg! Can't you see that she's in distress?" I ask, really mad at Greg. I turned my attention to her,"Hi honey. I'm Taylor. Are you okay? Are you lost?" I ask. "N-no." She says in a quiet voice as she continues to cry. "Hey. It's okay. Shhhh. What's your name?" I say in a comforting voice as I pull her into a hug. "E-estella. Y-you c-can-c-call-m-me-E-ellie." She stutters through her sobs. "Okay, Ellie. Do you know where your mommy is?" I ask. "I don't have one." She says, not stuttering anymore. "Oh honey. I'm so sorry." I say. "Mommy?" I hear Cora ask. "Oh. Um, Cora this is Ellie and Ellie this is my daughter, Cora." I say. I hope Cora isn't jealous. "Hi." Cora says. "H-hi." Ellie says, nervously. "Cora honey, can you please give Travis a call?" I ask. "Sure Mommy." She says while going upstairs. "She calls you mommy?" Ellie asks. "Yeah. I adopted her a year ago, actually." I say. "I would love to have a mommy." Ellie says, sadly. "Oh honey. I'm so sorry. I forgot. I'm so sorry." I say. "It's okay." Ellie says. "How about you stay with me for a couple of days and if you like it here, I could maybe adopt you?" I ask. Ellie starts jumping up and down, "I would love that Taylor!" She says. "You know, Cora always wanted a little sister." I say. "Really?! I've always wanted a big sister!" She says. "Would you like something to eat?" I ask. "Um, can I have pancakes?" She asks. "Absolutely!" I say. "Cora! Do you want pancakes?" I yell. "Sure! Thanks mommy!"
She yells back. I start to go into the kitchen and I feel little hands around my waist, Ellie. I knelt down to her level, "Are you afraid of being left alone?" I say as she nods. "I'm sorry." She says. "Honey, you don't have to be sorry for not wanting to be alone." I say. "Do you want to help me with the pancakes?" I ask. "Yes please!" She says. After 15 minutes, the pancakes were ready. "Hey, can I go get Cora? I'll only be a few seconds." I ask. "Yeah." She says. "Okay honey. I promise I'll be back." I say. I go to Cora's room and I hear her on the phone, "Why does she like the new kid, Travis? I mean she just got here." I knock on the door, "Hey angel, can I come in?" I ask. "Yeah. Talk later Travis." She says. "Hey, pancakes are ready." I say and Cora gets off the bed and starts to run to the door. "Hold on. Are you jealous of Ellie?" I ask. "I am a little but I'll get over it since I've always wanted a little sister." She says, smiling. "Okay angel. Just wanted to make sure.
Ellie's POV:
I walked into Taylor's house and it's so big and nice. She asked me if I wanted pancakes and I said yes. As she began to walk into the kitchen, I put my arms around her waist. She knelt down to my level, "Are you afraid of being left alone?" She asks. I nodded, embarrassed. "I'm sorry." I say quietly. "Honey, you don't have to be sorry for not wanting to be alone." She says. "Do you want to help me with the pancakes?" She asks. "Yes please!" I say. 15 minutes went by and Taylor knelt down to my level again, "Hey, can I go get Cora? I'll be a few seconds." She asks, knowing that I don't like being alone. "Yeah." I say. "Okay honey. I promise I'll be back." She says as she walks out of the kitchen to get Cora. A few seconds later, Cora comes downstairs, "Hi Ellie! How are the pancakes? They're Mommy's specialty." She says. "They're really good." I say. "I'm glad you like them." Taylor says. "Taylor!" I say, running to her and hugging her. "After you guys finish your pancakes, would you like to watch a movie?" Taylor asks. "Yeah!" Me and Cora say at the same time.