Chapter 118 Bondage

Wife?

Xie Miao stayed where she was, while Zhou Niannan sneered.

He brushed aside the hair on his robe and said lazily: "Cui Er, you..."

Zhou Niannan wanted to laugh at Cui Er's late arrival, but he suddenly caught a glimpse of the figure beside him, and his smile disappeared in an instant.

The man was about forty years old, with a kind face and no beard. He was wearing a dark blue eunuch's uniform and holding a yellow scroll. His posture was very upright.

This man's name was Yuan Qi, and he is a trusted eunuch beside Emperor Chengxuan.

Yuan Qi also saw him and called out respectfully, "Third Young Master Zhou."

Zhou Niannan stared at the scroll in his hand, "Eunuch Yuan."

He looked at Yuan Qi, then at Cui Muli, and suddenly he felt cold all over.

"Cui Er, you..." He forced a smile, "You won't, right?"

Cui Muli lowered his eyes and said nothing.

Zhou Niannan stood up slowly and said, "You know how much I like Xie Miao. I like her so much that I am willing to fight with my aunt. I like her so much that I want to marry her in this life... You and I are as close as brothers. You won't treat me like this, right?"

Cui Muli moved his fingers slightly, unable to answer.

Zhou Niannan murmured to himself, "My aunt has already promised me that when His Majesty recovers from his illness, she will ask for an imperial decree to grant me marriage." He turned to Xie Miao and said with a smile, "Xie Miao, I've waited for it. My aunt has compromised and is willing to let me marry you."

Xie Miao had a bad feeling in her heart and turned her gaze to Cui Muli. He was standing not far away, with an extraordinary appearance, like a quiet and beautiful painting.

"What did you do?" she asked in a trembling voice.

What did he do?

Cui Muli thought, he was just asking for a decree from the Emperor to remarry his wife, and it just so happened that his good friend also loved her and wanted to marry her.

But she was destined to be his.

He said: "I asked the Emperor to grant a marriage—"

Before he finished speaking, Zhou Niannan suddenly rushed forward and punched him in the face. Cui Muli could easily dodge it with his instincts, but he stood still and took the punch.

After the muffled sound, Cui Muli was beaten back repeatedly, with the corners of his lips broken and bleeding.

Zhou Niannan, however, never stopped, attacking closely and fiercely, attacking his shoulders, chest, and knees one after another.

Shen Yang and Tian Feng outside the door immediately wanted to stop him, but Cui Muli raised his hand to stop them. The two looked at each other, endured it, and finally retreated into the corner.

The fight continued.

No matter how Zhou Niannan attacked, Cui Muli did not fight back. He let him punch and kick him to vent his grief and anger.

Xie Miao watched quietly and suddenly laughed out loud.

The good brothers who were inseparable in the past are now fighting in this temple in front of countless gods and Buddhas... It's really ridiculous.

Seeing Zhou Niannan's unrestrained attack, Yuan Qi on the side urged anxiously: "Third Young Master Zhou, please stop it. Lord Cui is already injured. If he really gets hurt, you will have a hard time explaining to Master Cui!"