Chapter 129 Business trip

Zhang Mingchang's reaction was exactly as Cui Muli expected.

It is easy to imagine that Zhang Xianzong, who took "great pains" to raise Zhang Mingchang, could not have taught him the truth that "one should be as tolerant in adversity as in prosperity, and be mature in benevolence and firm in determination, and follow the middle way"?

It is in line with Zhang Mingchang's nature to become a coward when faced with difficulties.

Cui Muli did not have the extra sympathy to pity Zhang Mingchang. The other party was just an insignificant chess piece. Without him, there would be more and more powerful chess pieces appearing until the Cui family was overthrown.

Only by overthrowing the Zhang family and deposing the Fourth Prince, Li Hongye, can the Cui family and the Empress's faction be saved.

Cui Muli asked Shen Yang, "Where is Qiu Min now?"

Shen Yang said: "According to Shen Hua, he appeared in Chenzhou half a month ago."

Chenzhou?

Cui Muli said: "After the Qiu family was wiped out, he had been heading to Yandu in the western border, but now he has changed direction and appeared in Chenzhou in the southeast."

Shen Yang continued: "Could it be that he thought Yandu was too far away and went to the south instead?"

Cui Muli did not comment.

Perhaps it was because Qiu Min was young and changed direction on a whim, or perhaps something unexpected happened, forcing him to go to the south.

Everything is possible. Only by finding Qiu Min can all the mysteries be solved.

He ordered: "Get ready. I will leave for Chenzhou in three days."

*

Coincidentally, Fang Zhiruo was also preparing to go on a long journey.

Next month will be the Leiyang Papermaking Conference, and Fang Zhiruo came specially to say goodbye to Xie Miao.

She said, "I will be away for about two months before I can return. Don't worry, I have arranged everything at the paper mill. With Manager Liao watching over it, nothing will go wrong."

Xie Miao had known her for two years and was very confident in her work. "Okay, have you packed your bags?"

Fang Zhiruo said: "To be honest, I packed my luggage last month and am just waiting to set off."

"How are you going to get there? By carriage or by boat?"

"First take a carriage, then take a merchant ship." Fang Zhiruo said: "The ship will go from Lan River to Xiang River, and it will take about half a month to reach Leiyang. You can also enjoy the scenery of Xiang River along the way."

"That's great." Xie Miao was envious and said, "I heard that the Xiang River is very beautiful."

Fang Zhiruo sighed: "Yes, it's a pity that you and I are of different status, otherwise I would definitely invite you to go with me."

Fang Zhirou is a merchant girl, and it would not be unusual for her to travel far and wide. But ordinary girls in the boudoir rarely have the opportunity to travel far away except when they get married. Moreover, Xie Miao married the second son of the Cui family and was a veritable official wife.

Xie Miao understood what she meant. She was depressed for a while, then suddenly an idea popped into her mind.

It just so happens that she is very annoyed when she sees Cui Muli, otherwise...