Chapter 131 Cai Lunfang

Xie Miao intended to make things difficult for Jiang Rong and Tian Feng, but she did not do so for too long. The next day, she went to Full Moon Frost in the city.

Tian Feng had just breathed a sigh of relief when he received another task assigned by Xie Miao: they had to stay here for at least a month. Living in an inn was too expensive, so it would be better to rent a decent house for a short stay.

Tian Feng really wanted to say: Madam, the Young Master has money. He has lots and lots of money, you don't need to save money for him!

But Jiang Rong woke him up: "Madam is worried that Miss Fang will feel uncomfortable."

So that's how it is.

Tian Feng suddenly realized what was going on and without saying a word he went around the city looking for a house.

Jiang Rong rented a carriage so that she could take Xie Miao and Fang Zhiruo for a stroll in the city. The first place they went to was the papermaking conference venue - Cai Lunfang.

Cai Lunfang is a century-old paper mill, built by the descendants of Cai Lun, and is the first paper mill in Leiyang. It is located in the suburbs of the city, with a well-organized venue and a wide area. A lifelike stone statue of Cai Lun stands at the door.

Fang Zhiruo looked at it for a while, thinking of what Xie Miao said on the boat, and asked, "Does your father also have a stone statue in Luocheng?"

"Yes." Xie Miao said softly, "The people of Luocheng specially erected a stone statue for him to express their gratitude."

"Your father must be a good official who cares about the people. That's why they respect him so much. A-Miao, when the paper mill makes some money, I'll go back with you to see his statue, okay?"

"Okay, it's a deal."

Jiang Rong behind her: ... Miss Fang, have you forgotten that the Madam is already married? The Young Master finally defeated Third Young Master Zhou and won the beauty, but who would have thought that after the marriage, a good sister would appear to snatch her away?

Alas, the Young Master is the most miserable.

There is still half a month before the papermaking conference. Cai Lunfang has arranged for people to record a list of participants outside. Anyone with a formal paper mill certificate can sign up.

Fang Zhiruo straightened her appearance and walked forward solemnly.

"Excuse me," she asked with a smile, "Is this where I sign up for the conference?"

The young man who was writing behind the desk looked up and saw that the people coming were all women. He waved his hand impatiently, "Go away, don't come here to make trouble."

Fang Zhiruo's face froze, and she suppressed her anger and said, "Brother, I want to sign up for the papermaking conference."

The young man looked at her frivolously and sneered, "What a joke! If you can make paper, can't I give birth to a child?"

The sarcasm in his words was simply overwhelming.

Fang Zhiruo couldn't laugh anymore, "What do you mean by that?"

The young man said, "What it means is that the papermaking conference does not accept women. You should go home and do the laundry and cooking, and serve your husband!"

This was not the first time Fang Zhiruo was ridiculed for making paper as a woman, but it was the most angry she had ever been.

She placed both of her hands heavily on the table and asked forcefully, "The papermaking conference is well-known and attracts talents from all walks of life to come here to make friends over paper. I have never heard of the rule that only men are allowed to attend the conference. How come you say that women are not allowed to attend? Could you please explain clearly, is it the papermaking conference that does not accept, or is it you who are unwilling to accept?"