Chapter 148 Accidental encounter

The story begins with Zhang Mingnu falling into the water and disappearing.

The officers and soldiers searched along the Bian River. On the evening of the seventh day, they salvaged an unrecognizable male body from downstream. Judging from his clothing, body shape, and accessories, this man was undoubtedly Zhang Mingnu.

Seeing that the Zhang family and the Fourth Prince had both received their retribution ahead of time, Xie Miao felt excited but also as if it was a dream.

The Dingyuan Marquis Mansion really escaped bad luck. Marquis Dingyuan and his wife, the Shizi and his wife, the Empress and the Ninth Prince... they are all still alive and well in this life.

Xie Miao put aside the past embarrassment and went to Qingxin Temple to make a donation to fulfil her vow. She also asked for a peace amulet for Cui Muli.

That night, Cui Muli stepped into the water bucket without taking off his clothes and wet the amulet given by Master Liao Kong. She is doing this purely to repay his favour.

But after several days, the thing was still lying safely in the drawer, which made Fu Lu anxious.

Fu Lu took advantage of the lunch break to comb her hair and asked, "Madam, when do you plan to give the amulet to the Young Master?"

Xie Miao said: "Oh, no hurry. Wait a little longer."

...When will you wait until?

Fu Lu knew that she was shy, so she smiled and said, "I beg you, please give it earlier. If you delay, it will be another year."

Yes, it's the eleventh month now.

Xie Miao put the amulet in her sleeve. In the evening, Cui Muli sent Shen Yang back to tell her that the Emperor wanted him to stay in the palace for two days to discuss important matters.

The matter had to remain on hold.

Xie Miao rarely had dinner alone. Looking at the empty opposite side, she didn't know why she felt a little awkward. But she recovered immediately, cleanse her palate slowly, and wanted to chat with Cui Xining. Suddenly, she remembered that Xining had married into the Sun Mansion.

Cui Xining was married, Cui Xijun was still in Xingyang, and there were two young ladies left in the Cui Mansion. As for the daughter-in-law of the eldest wife, she was at most an acquaintance with her.

In the huge Cui Mansion, apart from Madam Xie, there seemed to be no one she could talk to.

She was leaning her head on the bed in a daze. Seeing that she was bored, Fu Lu simply brought Baifan into the house.

Baifan has grown a lot, with shiny fur all over his body. It has lively black pupils, with a delicate and prosperous look.

Xie Miao held the ball of yarn to tease it, and asked on impulse: "Where's Xueqiu?"

Xueqiu was the snow ferret raised by Cui Muli. It was usually looked after by four other maids and was not often brought to Xie Miao.

Fu Lu's eyes lit up. If the Madam is willing to care about the ferret that the Young Master raises, then that proves there is a chance, right?

She pretended to be bitter, and exaggerated, "Alas, I heard from Lichun that Xueqiu has been ill these days. It can't eat or drink, and its spirit is not as good as before."

Xie Miao sat up straight, "Did it catch a cold?"

Fu Lu said: "I don't know."

Xie Miao bit her lip lightly, "Go and bring it here."