Chapter 140 Look for a smooth road

It was past the beginning of winter and the weather was turning cold, but Su Panyan was still standing on the dock waiting, wearing a thin, autumn-coloured, chest-length robe.

"Miss, it's cold outside. You should go to the pleasure boat and wait." Her personal maid advised, "You have been weak recently. Don't catch a cold."

Su Panyan shook her head, "No, I want to wait for second brother Cui here."

The maid felt helpless after hearing this. No matter how outstanding Second Young Master Cui is, he is already married. The Young Lady is of noble birth, talented, and beautiful, and was about to be engaged to her cousin. Why did she have to be thinking about him?

If Second Young Master Cui's wife knew...

She said, "It's been two quarters of an hour since the agreed time. I don't think Second Young Master Cui will come. Miss, please don't wait."

Su Panyan bit her lower lip and looked into the distance eagerly. Maybe it was because of the rain and the slippery road that the carriage was delayed? Wait a little longer, wait a little longer...

Suddenly, the sound of horse hooves could be heard in the distance. Su Panyan looked in the direction and was immediately surprised and delighted. "Xiang He, look. It's second brother Cui's carriage!"

Xiang He looked carefully and saw that it was indeed the carriage of the Second Young Master Cui. Before the carriage stopped, Su Panyan had already stepped forward and gazed at him affectionately through the curtain.

The carriage curtain was lifted by slender fingers, revealing Cui Muli's handsome face. Even though his eyes were cold, the moment they looked at each other, Su Panyan's heart beat faster and she had difficulty breathing.

He is here, he is really here.

"Second Brother Cui——"

Her soft and affectionate voice came to an abrupt halt because another familiar face appeared beside him. It was his newlywed wife, Xie Miao.

"Miss Su." The latter smiled and greeted as usual, "Long time no see."

Su Panyan froze in place, her face so pale that she almost fainted. But Xie Miao turned a blind eye and landed steadily with Cui Muli's support.

The couple stood side by side, and their appearance and temperament were perfectly matched.

Xie Miao said, "I heard from Miss Su that she had something important to discuss with my husband in person. I happened to be free today, so I came with him to listen."

She smiled and spoke sincerely, but her words made Su Panyan feel more ashamed than if she had yelled at her.

What could be the important matter for a solitary man and a single woman to meet in private? It was nothing more than two people having a good impression of each other and having a romantic affair. Besides, it was Su Panyan's long-term unrequited love, and she couldn't let go even after second brother Cui got married...

But what was she doing wrong? She admires second brother Cui and is willing to humble herself, even to be his concubine!

Courage suddenly arose in her heart. She no longer cared about the pride of a noble lady or her status and position. She just wanted to be with second brother Cui!

"Second Young Madam Cui." She was about to kneel down with tears in her eyes. "I asked second brother to come out today because..."

"It's to convey the good news of my engagement to my cousin!" Ding Mingxuan appeared from nowhere and said breathlessly, "It's just that I suddenly had something to do, so I asked my cousin to come here and wait for brother Cui."