Chapter 124 Peace offering

To be fair, life after marrying into the Cui family was not as hard as she had imagined. It was a thousand times more comfortable than her previous life.

She was the wife that the Emperor personally arranged for Cui Muli to marry, and no one dared to treat her disrespectfully. Her mother-in-law is her aunt, and her younger sister-in-law is no longer as arrogant as before, but is much more obedient and quiet.

She no longer needed to try to please anyone and was able to gain a firm foothold in the Cui Mansion.

Isn't it ironic? She had been chasing after something she had always wanted but couldn't get it, however now it is easily achieved after her mind is free from distractions, and she sees through the mundane world.

The key to everything is naturally Cui Muli.

In the past, she was the one chasing him, hoping that he would stop and look back, but he was calm and self-possessed. Now, he has abandoned his pride and stepped forward to her, but he cannot make her waver.

At this point, Xie Miao did not sympathize with Cui Muli. If he had not insisted on obstructing her, she would have already become a nun and recited sutras in peace. How could she have stayed in Cui's house to "torture" him?

The Buddha said, "He who sows the seeds shall reap the fruits" - this is true.

After the marriage break, Cui Muli returned to the Ministry of Justice to resume work, and Xie Miao finally breathed a sigh of relief. Two days later, Cui Xining came to visit. The two were good friends, and now they have become cousins, so their relationship was extraordinary.

"Second..." She was about to call her second sister-in-law, but thinking of Xie Miao's attitude towards the marriage, she cleverly changed her words: "A-Miao!"

Xie Miao cast an appreciative glance. Not bad, you have made progress.

Cui Xining pulled her close and said, "I will call you second sister-in-law in front of others, but I will call you A-Miao behind others' backs. Is that okay?"

Xie Miao said with a serious attitude, "Yes."

Cui Xining was surprised for a moment, then pounced on her and started tickling her waist.

"Okay, I'll let you show off, I'll let you show off..."

The two of them played around for a while, then sat back at the table to drink tea. Cui Xining talked about what had happened in the Cui Mansion in the past six months, most of which were insignificant, but there was one thing that caught Xie Miao's attention.

Cui Xijun cut off contact with Su Panyan and stayed in the mansion all day long. Also her relationship with little Musheng improved.

This is good news - Xie Miao thought to herself. Cui Xijun has seen clearly Su Panyan, and is no longer indifferent to Musheng, and even her personality has become much calmer. These are all good changes.

All she need to do is notify Cui Muli and ask him to stop the conspiracy that Cui Xijun is about to encounter.

Cui Xining mistakenly thought that she had a grudge against Cui Xijun, so she said, "A-Miao, Xijun has been disciplined by her second brother and uncle, and her personality has changed a lot. She will never dare to be rude to you again."

In fact, this was not the case.

Cui Xijun's attitude was not determined by others' discipline, but by Xie Miao's response. In the past, Xie Miao had her own agenda and pretended to be generous, which led to Cui Xijun's further advances. But when she changed, Cui Xijun brought trouble upon herself and gradually learned to be cautious and restrained.