Chapter 149 Kidnapped

Xie Miao's heart gradually sank.

Not only did Zhang Mingnu fake his own death, he also blatantly kidnapped Xie Miao. The words in the letter, "from now on all past grudges will be wiped out," were a blatant provocation.

There is no previous grudge, but new hatred has been added. How can Cui Muli forgive him?

But he had already thought of a plan to escape. While Cui Muli was still in the palace, he took the unconscious Xie Miao and quickly left the capital.

When Cui Muli learned that his wife was missing, he sent out elite soldiers to turn the entire capital upside down, but the response he received was disappointing.

Nothing, nothing, nothing anywhere.

A-Miao is missing.

The joy of eradicating the Zhang family was gone, leaving him with fear and endless regret. If he could have noticed that there was something strange about the corpse and arranged more people to protect A-Miao, perhaps A-Miao could have avoided this disaster.

It's useless to say anything, the most urgent thing is to find A-Miao.

He asked for leave from Emperor Chengxuan and personally participated in the search. Zhou Niannan, who had been paying attention to the Cui Mansion, also heard the news and took the initiative to find Cui Muli.

"What's wrong with Xie Miao?" he asked straight to the point.

Cui Muli did not hide the fact, "Zhang Mingnu is not dead. He kidnapped A-Miao."

He told Zhou Niannan in detail what happened in the East City clinic, and Zhou Niannan's face changed drastically after hearing it.

"That day, I met Xie Miao in the clinic."

"Yes." Cui Muli had learned what happened from Fu Lu, "Not long after you left, a group of people broke into the clinic and took A-Miao away."

Zhou Niannan was struck by lightning and held his head in pain, "If only I hadn't left."

Cui Muli lowered his eyes and said calmly, "Looking at who was at fault won't bring A-Miao back."

Zhou Niannan was almost irritated by his calmness, but when he looked closely, he saw that Cui Er's eyes were bloodshot, and his clothes, which were always meticulous, were now messy and wrinkled.

"How many days have you not rested?"

"..."

"Could it be that you haven't closed your eyes since Xie Miao disappeared?"

"..."

Zhou Niannan wanted to scold him, but then he thought that if it were him, he wouldn't be much better.

He asked, "What are you going to do?"

Cui Muli said: "I have asked for leave from His Majesty, and will leave the capital tomorrow to search for them."

"Do you know the whereabouts of Zhang Mingnu?"

"Not yet."

Zhou Niannan understood the situation at this time. Zhang Mingnu deliberately wanted to take revenge on Cui Er and disappeared with Xie Miao. Cui Er had no choice but to run around like a headless fly.

Without thinking, he said, "I'll go with you."

Cui Muli shook his head, "The palace still needs you to look after it."

"The remnants of the Zhang family have been eliminated. I will leave someone to guard them." Zhou Niannan said, "There is nothing more important than finding Xie Miao right now."