Chapter 128 A short play

Cui Muli's method of dealing with the Zhang family's scheme was simple: immediately send away Cui Xijun, the source of the trouble, and directly remove the fuel for the problem.

To outsiders, the second branch only said that Cui Xijun missed her grandmother who lived far away in Xingyang and wanted to go back to visit her for a while.

She was arranged to go back to Xingyang for no apparent reason, and this was after she learned about her biological mother's "true colours" - Cui Xijun certainly didn't want to do that!

If it were in the past, she would have thought that Xie Miao was holding a grudge, sowing discord in front of her second brother, and wanted to drive her sister-in-law away as soon as she got married. But now is different from the past. After changing her mindset, she is no longer biased in considering the problem.

Father and second brother were in such a hurry to send her away, something urgent must have happened, but no matter how they were asked, they refused to reveal the reason.

In desperation, Cui Xijun found Xie Miao.

"Second Sister-in-law." After crying that night, Cui Xijun called out very smoothly, "Can you please help me persuade my second brother not to send me away? I don't want to go back to Xingyang alone."

Xie Miao was holding Baifan, stroking its fur from time to time, "Have you looked for your mother?"

"Looking for mother is not as useful as looking for you." Cui Xijun said truthfully: "Father is too lazy to take care of things. Right now, my second brother is the one in charge."

In the past, there was usually no room for manoeuvre when her second brother made a decision. But now...

She was full of confidence and said, "Second brother is so good to you, as long as you help me plead, he will definitely change his mind."

Xie Miao glanced at her lightly, "Why should I plead for you?"

Cui Xijun paused and whispered, "Second Sister-in-law, I know I was wrong and I will correct my temper from now on."

Xie Miao recalled that in her previous life, she was forced to marry Zhang Mingchang. She was only seventeen years old, but she looked as lifeless as a seventy-year-old woman. Even if she was cleared of the injustice later, she had been completely ruined and could never regain her original brightness and boldness.

Looking at the girl in front of her, her face was embarrassed, a little ashamed and nervous, without any arrogance or dominance at all.

...Never mind, it's a good thing to admit mistakes and correct them.

Xie Miao said: "He is sending you away for your own good."

Cui Xijun was embarrassed. "I can guess, but I don't want to go. Xingyang is far away, and I'm not familiar with my grandparents, let alone my cousins."

She was born in the Cui Mansion and grew up in the capital city. She had never been to any place far away. This time she was leaving for Xingyang, a thousand miles away, and she felt tens of thousands of resistances in her heart.

She said as if it was natural: "Second Sister-in-law, why don't you ask second brother why he is sending me away. Isn't it better for me to be more careful?"

Xie Miao asked her, "Do you know Zhang Mingchang?"

When this person was mentioned, Cui Xijun's face was full of disgust. "Of course I know him. He has been haunting me since last year. It weren't for second brother, I would have beaten him up severely—"