Chapter 151 - Extra 1

Time flies, and in the blink of an eye, it was the sixth month of the following year.

Recently a big event happened in the capital. A little-known small paper mill developed a new paper and named it "quan". The quan paper is smooth and clean, with a soft and pliable texture, pure paper grain texture, smooth ink absorption, and good quality at a low price. It has won unanimous praise from students. Its reputation quickly spread to the surrounding capitals and swept across Da Qi in just two months.

Colleagues flocked to the Shuxiang Papermaking Workshop to look for the paper-making master, and were told that she was a woman. Some people with dirty thoughts had bad intentions, and after finding out Fang Zhiruo's background, they deliberately made up gossips. They said that she was ugly, narrow-minded, and had a hidden illness that was why her engagement was broken off. She was over twenty years-old and no one wanted her. She might die of old age at home!

As soon as the rumour started, someone reported it to the authorities. Jingzhao Yin investigated the matter vigorously and arrested three main culprits. Hey, one of them was an acquaintance, Fang Zhiruo's ex-fiancé Ni Dongsheng's wife, Madam Wei.

After several years of marriage, Madam Wei and Ni Dongsheng's relationship gradually declined. Especially when quan paper was created and Fang Zhiruo became famous, Ni Dongsheng was filled with regret.

Madam Wei was a courtesan, and although she could please him temporarily, he would be able to see her shallowness and ignorance over time. If he had not made such a mistake in the beginning and had lived a good life with Zhiruo, her fame would be his, and her money would also be his...

Madam Wei noticed the change in her husband and blamed Fang Zhiruo for it. Driven by jealousy, she teamed up with someone with ulterior motives and started to discredit Fang Zhiruo's reputation everywhere.

Jingzhao Yin sentenced the three to half a month imprisonment and went to the Shuxiang Papermaking Workshop to apologize to Fang Zhiruo in public. After the incident, Madam Wei returned home in disgrace, and what greeted her was a divorce letter.

Ni Dongsheng said angrily: "Ignorant woman, you have ruined the reputation of my Ni family. Take the divorce letter and leave now!"

How could Madam Wei give up? She threw tantrums, threatened to die, and used all her rogue methods to cause a huge quarrel with the Ni family.

...Let's get back to the topic and talk about the new paper-making master, Fang Zhiruo.

She built upon her father's years of hard work, and in four years of painstaking research, finally created quan paper, which has been widely recognized for its strength.

She did it; taking up the responsibility of running the paper mill as a woman and fulfilling her father's dying wish.

She was really happy for a while, but then she encountered another difficulty. Not because of Madam Wei, but because...

"What? Cai Youchang said he likes you?"

In the private room of the teahouse, Xie Miao, Cui Xining, and Fang Zhiruo were having a sisterly gathering. Upon hearing this, Xie Miao and Cui Xining couldn't help laughing.

"He finally spoke?"

"I thought I had to wait another two years."

"No, I thought it would take three years."

The two of them joked with each other, making Fang Zhiruo's cheeks turn red.

"You, you already knew about this?"