Chapter 137 Pulled back from the abyss

After Xie Miao explained the situation to Fang Zhiruo, she immediately set off for Chenzhou.

Chenzhou and Leiyang were not far from each other. The group travelled all night long under the stars and arrived in Chenzhou at youshi the next day.

Shen Yang had been waiting at the city gate. When he saw Tian Feng, he rode forward and shouted through the carriage curtain, "Shen Yang greets the Madam."

Xie Miao lifted the curtain and asked, "How is he?"

Shen Yang shook his head and said, "The Young Master is still not awake."

It was not appropriate to talk here, so Xie Miao did not ask any more questions and told him to take her to his residence in Chenzhou.

The place they stayed in Chenzhou was an inconspicuous courtyard. There were not many people in charge, but they were all Cui Muli's confidants. When they saw Xie Miao, they bowed respectfully and shouted in unison: "This subordinate greets the Madam."

Xie Miao nodded slightly, followed Shen Yang into the bedroom, and immediately saw Cui Muli lying unconscious on the bed.

His handsome face was as pale as paper, his eyes were closed, and he looked lifeless.

Xie Miao lowered her voice, "How did he get hurt?"

Shen Yang briefly described what happened, "The Young Master went to Chenzhou to find a key witness. He didn't find the person, but met the lackeys of the Zhang family instead. Because the Young Master had previously rejected the solicitation of the Left Prime Minister, they regarded the Young Master as a thorn in their side. This time they wanted to cut the grass and root it out, so they used the heartbreak grass poison on the Young Master..."

"Heartbreak grass poison?"

"Yes, this is one of the five poisons in the martial arts world. After being poisoned by this, if there is no antidote within half an hour, you will fall into a coma for life."

Xie Miao's mind went blank for a moment, "He didn't take the antidote?"

"He took it." Shen Yang said worriedly, "But for some reason, the Young Master has not woken up yet. The doctor said that it might be because of his weak body, and the toxicity of heartbreak grass is so strong that even with the antidote, it is possible..."

He suddenly fell silent and did not continue speaking.

Xie Miao looked gloomy and asked, "Is there any more medicine?"

Shen Yang said: "Yes, the medicine is always warmed in the kitchen, but I have tried every method, and the Young Master can't take the medicine."

Xie Miao ordered: "Go and bring it."

Shen Yang left without saying a word. Xie Miao stood there for a while, then walked to the bed and sat down.

Cui Muli was wearing a single white garment and a thin snow-blue quilt covered his body. He had his hands on his chest and his breathing was so shallow that it was inaudible.

Xie Miao felt mixed emotions. The man in front of her was the Right Prime Minister who would have great power in the future. How could he surrender just because of a small heartbreak grass?

She had just found Qiu Min's whereabouts for him and was waiting for him to overthrow the Zhang family and the Fourth Prince. At this critical moment, he could not make any mistakes.

Xie Miao stared at him for a moment, then raised her hand and gently stroked his cheek. The fingertips felt cold and smooth like jade...

She suddenly pinched his face hard, and whispered in his ear, "Cui Muli, listen to me carefully. If you can't wake up, I will find a nunnery nearby tomorrow, cut my hair and become a nun."