Chapter 139 Hide nothing from Madam

The young couple had been away from the capital for two months, so naturally there were a lot of things waiting to be dealt with when they returned.

Cui Muli had to handle official business while recuperating from his injuries, while Xie Miao had to deal with the warm greetings from Madam Xie and Cui Xining.

First it was Madam Xie.

"A-Miao, how was your trip with Muli?"

"It's okay. Although the boat ride is long, the scenery of the Xiang River is very beautiful."

"Did Muli accompany you around after getting off the ship?"

"Mother, Cui Muli went to Chenzhou on official business and has no time for idle things."

"What about you? Did you meet any interesting people or interesting things when you went to Leiyang with Fang Zhiruo?"

Xie Miao then omitted the thrills she had encountered and told the story of Fang Zhiruo and Cai Lunfang.

Madam Xie was very surprised after hearing this, "Miss Fang has encountered a noble person in Leiyang."

"Who said it's not the case?" Xie Miao said with a smile, "I've said it before, Zhiruo is a capable person. She just lacks a chance to soar to the sky."

At first, Madam Xie agreed to join the Shuxiang Papermaking Workshop because she thought that since her niece liked it, she could just invest some money for fun. However, after two years, she also saw that Fang Zhiruo is a good girl with ambition and perseverance. Seeing that Fang Zhiruo had an opportunity, a thought came to her mind: Could it be that what A-Miao said was right, and Shuxiang Papermaking Workshop could really make them a lot of money?

Madam Xie said, "A-Miao, if Miss Fang needs money, just tell me."

In fact, Xie Miao was not short of money at all. Since marrying Cui Muli, he has been eager to hand over all the financial ledgers to her. Even though she refused to accept it, he still persevered in giving it to her.

But compared to Cui Muli, Xie Miao was obviously more willing to accept money from her aunt and mother-in-law.

Xie Miao said cheerfully, "Okay, I've already made an agreement with Zhiruo that when we earn enough money, we'll build a big ship to take us everywhere to go sightseeing."

Madam Xie laughed, "What a child! She's already married, but all she wants to do is go out and play all day."

"Will you allow me to go?"

"Yes. As long as it's safe, you can go wherever you want."

After what happened before, Madam Xie only wanted her niece to be happy now. As for the ethical codes and moral principles that have bound women in the inner house since ancient times... With her and Muli standing in front of A-Miao, who would dare to say a word?

*

Not long after Xie Miao returned from Jiangjia Garden, Cui Xining came to her house and talked to her about the latest hot news in the capital.

"A-Miao, have you heard? Miss Su is going to get engaged in a few days."

Xie Miao was somewhat calm as expected. Since Cui Muli had already married by the Emperor's decree, Su Panyan no longer had the opportunity to intervene, and it was understandable for her to get engaged to someone else.

"Which young man is she going to get engaged to?"

"Guess, you've seen that person too."

"It can't be Wen Rubin again, right?"