Chapter 135 Visiting a temple

Following Xie Miao's instructions, Tian Feng asked the county magistrate to post Min Ya's portrait all over the city, spread the characteristics of the suspicious carriage, and station soldiers to inspect all roads leaving the city, but Min Ya was still not found in a short time.

Although Xie Miao felt disappointed, it was all she could do. Moreover, within two days, she suddenly developed a high fever at night.

Fang Zhiruo asked Cai Jiamin to find a reliable doctor. The doctor took her pulse and said that she had been a vegetarian for a long time, with weak qi and body. She had also travelled a long distance and suffered from acclimatization. The doctor prescribed herbal medicine for a week and earnestly advised her to eat meat and nourish her body. She should take care of her body while she was young to avoid minor and major illnesses in the future.

This statement coincides with Fu Lu's thoughts.

After helping Xie Miao drink the medicine and rinse her mouth, she spoke carefully, "Madam, now that you are married to the Young Master, why don't you try some meat?"

Xie Miao leaned against the head of the bed, her face pale and her attitude perfunctory, "Let's talk about it later."

Fu Lu knew that this matter could not be rushed, so she changed the subject and said, "Speaking of which, we were in a hurry when we left, and we didn't have time to go to Qingxin Temple to pray. We should have asked for a talisman to bless you with a smooth and healthy journey."

Xie Miao deeply agreed. This long journey was not as wonderful as she thought. First she was seasick, then she encountered robbers on the road, then she was almost hit on the head by a vase, and now she has a high fever...

Rather than saying that she was weak and exhausted due to long-term vegetarianism, she felt that she was just unlucky and should go to the temple to pray and drive away the bad luck.

She asked, "Is there any temple nearby that has any efficacious effects?"

Fu Lu understood and said, "I will go and find out right away."

She took some time to ask around and came back to report, "There are many Buddhists in Leiyang, and there are many temples, among which Qingshan Temple is the most famous. It is said that there is a clear spring in the temple, and drinking it can cure all diseases. There is also a wishing pond with a hundred-year-old longevity turtle in it. As long as you throw a copper coin into the pond, your wish will come true."

Isn't this perfect? The spring water can cure her illness, and the prayer pool can pray for Min Ya's safe return.

Xie Miao made a prompt decision and said, "I want to go to Qingshan Temple."

*

Qingshan Temple is located on the east bank of Leishui River, only ten miles away from the city. It is backed by mountains and surrounded by green pines and cypresses and lush vegetation.

On the day Xie Miao went, there were few visitors in Qingshan Temple. She burned incense in the temple, worshipped Buddha, and then followed the little monk to Jingxin Spring. A spring pool was built with blue-white stone bricks, and the water was clear and gurgling.

The little monk explained: "This spring is running water, flowing from the waterfall on the top of Luqi Peak into this pool. It is clear and sweet all year round."

There was a bamboo ladle beside the pond, and the little monk asked, "Would you like to drink a cup of spring water to cool off and calm your mind?"

Xie Miao said: "Thank you, little Master."