Chapter 121 Half a year later

Winter goes and spring comes, spring welcomes summer, and in the blink of an eye it is June of the next year.

In the deep courtyard beside the willows, the swallows' chirping is as sharp as scissors.

The grape trellis leaning against the wall is lush and green, with flourishing vines and leaves, and green and purple grapes popping out among them, which is very beautiful.

There was a rattan couch under the grape trellis. A girl in a bright green skirt was taking an afternoon nap there. The snow fox in her arms also closed its eyes lazily. Both the big and the small were sleeping soundly.

The sunlight shines through the branches and leaves, scattering on the girl's skirt, as fine as starlight, sparkling and moving.

Lizhi was fanning gently beside them, and the other maids all walked lightly as they passed by, for fear of disturbing this comfortable and beautiful scene.

After leaving the backyard, Guiyuan dared to speak a little louder, and said to Fu Lu: "Sister Fu Lu, the Second Young Master is here again, waiting in the front hall."

Fu Lu nodded, and without informing Xie Miao, she walked through the semicircular arch and went to the front yard.

The courtyards along the way are small and the scenery is beautiful. They are no longer the familiar terraces and pavilions of the Cui Mansion, but a completely different kind of Jiangnan elegance.

This is the mansion that Madam Xie bought for Xie Miao in the west of the city. Xie Miao moved in with her servants half a year ago. Cui Muli would come to visit in person with gifts a few days every month, but Xie Miao never paid any attention to him.

Speaking of which, although Cui Muli is still a fifth-rank official, he has performed outstandingly and is highly regarded by the Emperor and Chief Minister Luo. He is unrivalled in the Ministry of Justice and even the entire court.

Even so, he could only suffer in front of his fiancée, Xie Miao. She refused to see him for half a year, and he was not qualified to be angry. Every few days, he would come to court her favour and show his courtesy, because he had forced this marriage.

...It's so miserable and infatuated.

Fu Lu sighed. She stepped into the front hall, and bowed respectfully to the young man on the main seat, "This servant greets the Second Young Master."

Half a year later, Cui Muli's old injuries healed, and he became more handsome and calm.

He asked, "Where is your Young Lady?"

Fu Lu said, "The weather is hot, and the Young Lady is sleepy. She takes a nap for half an hour under the grape trellis every afternoon."

A faint smile appeared in his eyes, as if he had seen that scene. While yearning for it, he restrained himself and said, "I send a basket of gualü. You can cool it down with ice and give it to her to cool down later."

Fu Lu glanced at the table secretly.

Gualü is the rarest variety of lychee. It is said that even the nobles in the palace can only get a dozen of them. Now there is a basket full of them on the table...

"The Second Young Master is thoughtful." Fu Lu said hesitantly, "But the Young Lady..."

Cui Muli is very smart, how could he not understand what she had not said? It was just that A-Miao will not eat it, so in the end, it is the servants who receive the benefits.

He was used to it and said, "No problem."

After Cui Muli left, Fu Lu lifted the thin cloth covering the basket. She stared at the plump and fresh lychees, and sighed helplessly.