Chapter 126 Madam He

Every time Madam He's death anniversary came, Cui Xijun would be particularly upset. She knew she shouldn't reject Madam Xie's kindness in front of everyone, and she shouldn't contradict her father, but her grief for her biological mother overwhelmed her reason. She selfishly thought that today would be enough, and after today, she would admit her mistakes to her father and Madam Xie.

She sent the servants away and wandered aimlessly around the garden. As she wandered, she came to the room where Madam He's tablet was placed.

Madam He's tablet was placed on the table, with fresh offerings in front of it and white candles lit on both sides.

She knelt in front of the table. She looked around at the deserted surroundings, and then thought of the harmonious and happy life in Jiangjia Yuan, and couldn't help feeling sad.

"Mother, I really miss you, wuwuwu, do you miss me over there?"

"Do you know? My second brother got married. He married Madam Xie's niece and treats her like the apple of his eye."

"I used to hate my second sister-in-law, not because she was a bad person, but because her last name is Xie. Father loves Madam Xie, and my second brother also loves Xie Miao. I was afraid that as time went on, your husband and your son would slowly forget you."

"Mother, when you first married to the capital from Xingyang, you must have dreamed of living a happy life with father, right? But father treated you coldly, and that didn't change even after you gave birth to me and my second brother."

"You lost your health during childbirth and passed away early. Why did you insist on giving birth to me? You could have lived well without me."

"Mother, Xijun misses you. Xijun really misses you."

She cried and complained to her biological mother about her grievances until her voice became hoarse and her eyes became red and swollen.

It was getting dark outside, and she was about to get up and leave when she suddenly heard Cui Shishuo's voice outside.

"Give me the stuff."

Cui Xijun was flustered and subconsciously hid in a corner. She was not ready to see her father yet. What if she was scolded again...

She hugged her knees, and huddled into a small ball. She sat in the dark, holding her breath.

*

Cui Shishuo pushed the door open and entered the room. He replaced the offerings on the table, and put two new candles on the candlestick.

He stared at Madam He's tablet quietly. The candlelight fell on his brows, merging into an inextricable sorrow.

"Qingwan." He called out, "I'm here to see you."

The only answer he got was silence.

Cui Shishuo said, "This is the twelfth year since you left. Muli got married, and Xijun is also old enough to consider marriage."

Cui Xijun thought sadly: Is that true? As soon as Xie Miao came into the family, Madam Xie encouraged her father to marry her off.

Cui Shishuo didn't know she was here, and he looked at his deceased wife's tablet in bewilderment, "Qingwan, in the final analysis, it is I who have let you down."

Cui Xijun was indignant: It was too ridiculous that her father was so affectionate with Madam Xie while saying sorry to her mother.

Unexpectedly, Cui Shishuo said, "Back then, I didn't know you were in love, so I rashly proposed to your father. After you married me, you made it clear that you had no interest in me. However, I always thought that as long as I treated you well, you would be moved over time."