Chapter 123 Second Young Madam

On the second day after the marriage, the new bride should pay respect to her parents-in-law in the early morning and perform the ceremony of becoming a wife.

The two of them got up early, and after tidying up, they went to the front hall together.

Xie Miao had lived in the Cui Mansion for four years. Even though she had been away for half a year, the servants in the house still remembered her vividly. At first, they had gossiped about Miss Cousin who was staying there. Later, the Second Young Master severely disciplined the servants in the house. Then, the Emperor granted the marriage. From then on, no one dared to mention Miss Cousin, let alone gossip about her.

Now that Miss Cousin has become the wife of the Second Young Master of the Cui family and a proper mistress, they have to keep their mouths shut!

The servants bowed respectfully, calling out "Second Young Madam" again and again, and Xie Miao accepted it calmly.

When the young couple reached the entrance of the main hall, Cui Muli said considerately, "A-Miao, don't worry, I'll take care of everything."

...What's there to be nervous about?

Xie Miao thought that Cui Muli would never guess that she had been married to him before. To do it again was just a matter of "practice makes perfect".

After entering the hall, all the masters of the Cui Mansion were there, and they were looking at the two with smiles on their faces.

Cui Muli brought Xie Miao forward and first saluted to Cui Taifu and old Madam Cui who were sitting on the main seat, then to Xie Miao's parents-in-law, Cui Shishuo and Madam Xie, and then to the elders of the first and third branches.

Xie Miao served tea, modified her form of address, and accepted the gifts from the elders. Afterwards, she gave gifts to the unmarried young people in the Cui Mansion.

Xie Miao went to Cui Xining first and handed her an exquisite purse, "Second Sister."

Cui Xining took the purse and smiled happily, "Thank you, Second Sister-in-law."

Xie Miao walked up to Cui Xijun and handed over a purse as well, "Third Sister."

Cui Xijun stared at her for a while before slowly taking the purse and saying, "Thank you, Second Sister-in-law."

Among the remaining juniors, there are Cui Muwen, Cui Mucheng, Cui Xirong, Cui Xitong, Cui Musheng...

By the time the ceremony was over, it was almost noon. After everyone had lunch together, each branch went their separate ways.

Xie Miao was naturally pulled back to the house by Madam Xie, and the aunt and niece, mother-in-law and daughter-in-law started to talk privately.

"A-Miao." Madam Xie hadn't seen her niece in detail for half a year. Now that the ceremony was over, she finally felt relieved.

Xie Miao said nothing, but looked at her with a pair of black eyes, obedient but with a hint of stubbornness.

...

Madam Xie immediately swallowed back the words that advised her to live a happy life with Cui Muli. She patted the back of her hand, and said firmly, "A-Miao, don't worry. No matter what happens, your aunt will definitely stand by you!"

Xie Miao shook her head and called out to her, "Mother."

Madam Xie was stunned for a moment, then smiled and said, "A-Miao, you can call whatever you want in private. Don't worry about it with aunt."