Chapter 153 - Extra 3

Marquis Xuanping Zhou Niannan had two things in his life that he regretted deeply. One was that he failed to keep Dingyuan Marquis Mansion, and the other was that he did not have time to express his feelings to Xie Miao.

He was born into a family of marquises, and because he was the youngest son, his family did not ask for anything more from him. Anyway, his elder brother had already inherited the title, so he just had to be a quiet dandy and not cause any scandal.

He thought so at first.

Before he was twenty, he was the envied son of a marquis, gifted and unruly. He had power, influence and money, and was treated as a distinguished person wherever he went. If he wanted something, he would take a look at it and someone would take the initiative to deliver it to him.

He has outstanding confidants like Cui Muli, and also has friends like Baili Sheng and Qin Tianyu who are good at talking about everything. With the love of his aunt, the Empress, and the support of the Dingyuan Marquisate, no one in the capital lives more freely and casually than him.

He loves to play, and he dabbles in dog racing, cockfighting, drinking and gambling, but he is also an excellent martial artist, proficient in all kinds of weapons, and is by no means a mere figurehead with good looks.

He never touches women. First, he thinks women are boring. Second, he still thinks women are boring. Third, he still thinks women are boring.

They put on makeup, spoke in a coquettish voice and came too close to him. The smell was so strong that it could kill people. Who could have any romantic thoughts about them? !

Humph, he is too lazy to get involved with women.

——The above were his thoughts before he met Xie Miao.

In the second year of Qingyuan, he ran to the city gate to stop Xie Miao's carriage because of a bet, and rashly asked her for a dudou. He had a good idea that the lady sitting in the shabby carriage would not be a rich lady, and exchanging a dudou for a hundred taels of silver was a good deal. Besides, so what if it was not worth it? He was the third son of Dingyuan Marquis family, who would not give him face?

It happened that there was a girl from another place sitting in the carriage. She didn't know him, but she was young and stubborn. Not only did she not give him a dudou, she also slapped him in the face.

Even after forty years, Zhou Niannan can still clearly recall that scene: the little girl glared at him angrily, her face full of stubbornness, her eyes startlingly bright.

A word suddenly popped up in his mind: a beautiful girl with bright eyes and white teeth.

After all, he was not in the right, so he deserved to be beaten. He went back dejectedly and was laughed at by Baili Sheng and others for a long time. Just when he was about to forget about it, he met her again at Cui Muli's house.

At that time, a group of them were playing pitch pot in the Cui family garden, and several young ladies also came along. She followed at the back, taking small steps, lowering her head and looking docile. Looking weak and vulnerable.

He rubbed his eyes and thought: Is it his eyes playing tricks on him? How did the hedgehog ball turn into a dandelion?

Zhou Niannan had heard Cui Muli mention before that a distant cousin had come to their house. The niece of his stepmother, Madam Xie.

He even joked: Is it not enough for your stepmother to marry into the Cui family, and still want to give a gift?

Unexpectedly, his words hit the nail on the head. The hedgehog ball - no, Xie Miao was pretentious in front of Cui Muli, and did not have the fierceness she had when she hit him.