TWENTY SIX : QUADE

I slowly open my eyes,I can't see properly,it's blurry, after blinking for several times,I see that I'm in the hospital,my cheeks kinda burn,when I touch it I felt scratchs,I remember collapsing in front of Nea's house.

PICTURES,where are our pictures?
I suddenly panic and I wake up and I see Rio and Cleo,sleeping on a sofa,I thought of waking them up but I don't want to worry them,so I look for the pictures by myself.
"What are you searching for?",Rio asks.
I'm surprised because I just saw him sleeping.
"THE PICTURES,THE ONE I HAD IN MY HANDS WHEN I COLLAPSED",I tell him.
He opens the drawer and hands me out the pictures,I only thing I have of her,I can't afford to lose it.
"I need to go home",I tell him.
"You can't,doctor told us you need rest and eat FOOD",he tells me.
"I don't want anything,I'm not hungry",I tell him.
"Do you want to stay here for days or do you want to go home tomorrow?",he asks and almost sounds like a threat,people say I'm grumpy but he surpassed me.
I straightened my pillow and sat properly,the nurse brought me dinner,I ate in silence.

After dinner I took my tablets and was about to go to sleep but remembered I can't sleep,I told Rio to go home and take Cleo with him,first he didn't agree but when I said I wanted to be alone,he agreed.
Cleo was still sleeping when he took her in his arms,cleo hugs him immediately,nuzzling her head in the crook of his neck.
I smile because of how much love they have for eachother,I remember when Nea did it too,whenever she's in my arms she used to cocoon herself into me.
My heart sores with every memories,I take all those pictures in my hand,I see one by one remembering where we took.

I see the pic where we took at the theater for the first time,she loves horror movies but for me she booked the tickets for rom-com,she was changing her likes and dislikes for me and I....all I did was to hurt her.
There's a pic of our first date too,I never knew she took a pic of us,There's a pic of us in the amusement park too,I remember how much she hated the roller coaster ride,when she screamed her lungs out and how she was all pouty when we came home,I smile at the memories,
But now it's all gone,everything's gone.

I take all the pictures and press it to my chest and my eyes are shutting down by themselves,I guess the tablets are working,making me all dizzy as I went to sleep.
When I woke Rio is standing in front of me,watching me,
"What happened,why are you staring at me like that?",I ask him.
"Why Nick hasn't still came to see you?",he asks.
"How would I know?",I tell him.
"Do you think he lied about not knowing where Nea is?",he asks.
"Why would he lie to me?",I ask him.
"To protect his Sister?",he tells.
Well that can be true,he could have lied to me to hide her from me.
"Well that's true even if I knew I would never tell you",I hear Nick's voice coming from behind me.
"How are you now?",he asks with annoying face.
"I'm fine and thank you for coming",I tell him and he just nods and we all three just stare at each other awkwardly.
Suddenly Cleo comes and clears her throat,making all three of us to look at her and sudden realization hits me that she is root for this problem and when I see Nick and Rio,they see her with the same expression.

"Don't give me those looks,all happened because you let that happen",she tells me and we all sigh.
"Your discharge papers are ready,now you can go home,please excuse me and Rio because we have place to go",she says.
"Yeah thank you for visiting me and taking care of me,I will tare care of myself now",I tell them.
"Yeah we will see about that,when we return I Don't want to see you all pale and teary eyes",she warns me and I just nod.
Nick looks at me and says,"I need to talk to you".
"Okay".

Nick takes me home and I still keep the pictures safe in my hand,if I keep somewhere I feel like I'm losing it.
We reach home and I take him upstairs and said,"make yourself at home",he just nods.
"Would you like to have something,I will make it quick",I say.
"You are a patient Quade,come and sit",he orders,Nea was right he can be an asshole.
I take a seat and he just cuts the crap and comes to the point,"Tell me everything from start to end,I need to know".
I watch him as he waits for me to talk.
I tell him everything,how we first met,how I fucking decided to date her,how I found comfort with her,how I fucking didn't realize I love her,how it was too late when I realized.
He just sighs heavily and says,"She is always happy or atleast pretends to be,but with you she was genuinely happy and I fucking really thought that you were genuine too,anyway I can't even fucking hurt you because of the promise I made her",he says.
"I'm sorry,but I will make it up to her till the end,I will make sure to keep her happy,I will never let her cry,so please if you know where she is then please tell me Nick,I promise I will never hurt her",my voice breaks,I need her so much that it hurts.
"I don't know Quade,I just hope wherever she is,I want her to be happy and you better not hurt her if she comes back,if you do I'm gonna fucking slither you throat you got that",he says with a straight face and I just nod because I don't want to ruin anything anymore,he got up and went home.
I still feel dizzy so I went to sleep.