TWENTY EIGHT : NEA

TWO YEARS LATER
"You are coming with me",I tell Warren.
"Nope I'm not coming baby",he tells me.
"Oh you will baby",I tell him.
"Nahh I have things to do babe",he said and I smack his head as he hisses.
"OKAY I WILL",he screams at me annoyingly.
"Pack your stuffs we are staying for two weeks",I tell him.
"TWO WEEKS",he screams again.
I threw a clothes on him and he dodged it giving me a sheepish look.
"Just come with me Warren",I please him.
"Okay",he screams again.
"Will you be okay?",he asks.
"I Don't know but what about you?",I ask him.
"I don't know too",he said.
He moved out 5½ years ago and after that he never came to New Orleans ever again.

I'm going back to home,I know it's just for two weeks because I left so many things incomplete,my home,my music classes,my job,my responsibilities,everything and I miss my family so much.

A old couple wanted to buy my house,they said they are going to gift that to her daughter if I sell it to them and it hurt me because for 3 years it was my HOME but some times we have to learn to let things go.

I didn't talked to my family for 2 years now,I only sent them a message that I'm good,I changed my phone,I changed my number,I didn't throw my previous phone or number,I just didn't wanted to use it anymore.
I know it's been only TWO YEARS but do you think he forgot about me because it's not like he loved me or something.
I know I may end up seeing him with some other girl or Cleo but will he be okay having me around them?
Or will I be okay seeing him with someone else?
I don't know and I Don't want to think,all I know is when I go back home,I will try not to run into them.

NEXT DAY IN THE MORNING
"You ready",I ask Warren.
"I was born ready",he said and I snort,he is so full of himself.
We said goodbye to Uncle Edon.
Our flight was around 8 in the morning so we woke up early,it will be 12 hours flight which means flight will be landed around 8 at night.
I sigh heavily,my heart feels heavy and Warren notices it and gives me a gentle squeeze to my hand,telling me that I got his back but I know he must be feeling heavy too.

"You guys are adorable",I hear someone saying behind us,so many people misunderstood our friendship,they think we are dating.
"I knew we would make a great pair",Warren says and I pinch the backside of his hand and he hisses,cursing me underneath his breath.
I smirk at him but he smacks my head and I look at him angrily and it's his time to smirk.

"Yes Definitely adorable",she says again.
God I don't want to go on telling people that we are not a couple,they can give us whatever tag they want but it doesn't matter to us because we know what we are.

After 12 hours of flight,we finally landed at New Orleans Airport,I take a long breath and he helds my hand,nodding at me as if saying we got this.
We can easily afford a private plane for us but I just Don't want everyone to know so we decided to book a plane,in that case we won't be drawing any attention.

We got a taxi and I told them my home address which will be someone else's in two weeks,we sat quietly in the car,I know it's been 2 years for me but when I look at Warren,my heart aches for him too,it's been more than 5 years for him,am I doing wrong bringing him to New Orleans?
I just hope we finish the work that made us come here and we will leave as soon as possible when it's done.

I messaged my brother with my new number,saying that I'm home but will only be staying for two weeks,when he read the message he immediately called me.
"Nea",his voice gentle and vulnerable.
"Hey Nick",I say over a phone and Warren shifts in his seat so I quickly told Nick that,
"Don't come home please,I will come to mom and dad's house".
"How are you?",he asks.
"I'm good,how are you and mom and dad?
Did you took care of them while I was gone?",I ask him.
"Yes I did",he says.
"I missed you",
"I missed you too,can't wait to see you,come home as soon as possible,mom and dad will be happy and even.....",he pauses and clears his throat and says,"Nothing,come home we all miss you".
"Okay",I tell him as I cut the call and I look at Warren,he is so silent,it scares me.
I hold his hand,kissing the back of his hand and he gives me a sad smile.

I just hope everything goes as I thought.

We reached our home,we took out our luggage.
I look up to my house,memories all coming back like a wind,I feel the breeze touching my skin,it's cold,its December,it will snow soon and when it does I want it to bring happiness with it.