TWENTY NINE : QUADE AND NEA

QUADE
Two years has passed yet she didn't come back,I still can't fall asleep without drinks or medications but I don't drink too much,I do when it feels impossible to sleep.

My phone rings and I stare at the name,Cleo.
From two years,Rio,Cleo,Nick and Ryan have become such a pain in my ass,they call every now and then to check upon me,I know they are concerned but I need some alone time too,I guess beggars can't be choosers.

She keeps on calling God.....
"What is it?",I yell at Cleo.
"You fucking asshole,I won't call you ever again,you better win her back this time,Rio said she's in the town,go Quade,if you lose her this time,then we won't be able to help",She says.
My heart feels like it can finally beat,
"Thank you thank you so much Cleo,tell Rio too,I owe you guys",I tell her and I hang up the call.

I RUN,I RUN TO HER HOME,HOPING SHE WILL TAKE ME BACK IN HER LIFE, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FEEL AT EASE BECAUSE SHE MAY NOT FORGIVE ME FOR WHAT I DID AND IT BREAKS MY HEART EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN I THINK.....

I'm finally going to see her,it's been 2 whole damn years,I don't know how she is,my heart feels like it will jump out of my system any minute,god is this how happiness feels like,the thought of only seeing her is making me the happiest person,God this shows how much control she has over me and how much I actually love it.

I'm almost reached near her home,I stop and I take a deep breath,okay I need to calm down a little,I'm heaving a lot by running all the way from my home to hers.

My mind keeps on chanting,
I'M GONNA SEE HER,I'M GONNA SEE.....
My mind freezes when I see someone else hugging Nea,someone else tugging her closer,my heart beats faster,hammering against my chest,a sharp pain slitting my heart.
No no no did I lose her?
I don't know how to react,it can be her friend too right?
but again it's been two years,she might have moved on,why would she want an asshole to love her,she deserves so much better,my eyes stings with tears.
These pathetic tears just won't stop,my chest won't stop hurting,I breathe faster,I take deep breaths.
I keep my hands on my chest,it's beating crazily.
I lost her,I lost her before I even had her,my heart squeezes tightly,I run back to my home,I need drink,I need to get my shit together,I need to sleep,I never felt like this,I wish I won't wake up at all.

I reach home and I drink,I drink until I feel dizzy and I pass out.

NEA
"So you are going to stay at my house right?",I ask Warren.
He sighs heavily as he watches my house,
"Are you sure you want to sell this house?",he asks completely ignoring my question.
"I don't know yet,my mind is ready to sell but my heart keeps on making an excuses",I tell him.
"Don't sell it Nea,let's just meet your parents and you can spend whole 2 weeks with your family then let's catch the flight to go back",he says.
"I will think about it",I tell him.

"Let's go inside,it's cold out here",he says.
As he was about to walk,I hold his hand and he stops turning around to face me.
"You don't want to visit my family?",I ask him.
The hurt in his eyes is as clear as it was almost 5 years ago.
"Warren",I try to look into his eyes but he is still staring at the ground.
"DO YOU STILL LOVE HIM WARREN?",I ask him and he looks at me immediately,his eyes confessing the words that his lips couldn't.
"WHAT ABOUT YOU NEA DO YOU STILL LOVE HIM?",such a simple question yet we both don't have any answers.
"How did we both end up like this?",I say.
"Shouldn't have loved those assholes",he says and I give him a sad smile.
He pulls me closer for a hug,I hold him tightly,we stay like this for a minute.

"DO YOU MISS NICK?",I ask him.
"Yeah definitely not gonna answer that",he says,pushing me away.
"You do miss him,isn't it?",I tease him and he smacks my head.
Now that I think,after Warren left Nick started to smack my head,that means he learned from him.
"Now I know how Nick learned from you and I learned from him and my mom learned from both of us",I say and he looks at me confused.
"I mean smacking eachothers head",I tell him and he goes like ohhh.
"Come let's go inside",I tell him as we went inside my home,I thought it would be all dirty but it's very clean.
"Nick is still the same as he was 5 years ago",Warren says while smiling at the house and suddenly pauses realizing what he just said and he clears his throat.

"I need to go to washroom and I want to take a shower too",he says without looking at me and walks away with his backpack.
How will he be able to forget what happened with him?
When I met him 6 years back I felt like I met my best buddy and just like that, 5 years ago I thought I would lose him forever.