THIRTY SEVEN : NEA

Nick stops moving,there's pain in both of their eyes,Warren isn't even looking at Nick,Quade sees between them,he stands there like a kid who doesn't know what to do in this kind of situation.

"Warren",Nick says almost quietly.
Warren doesn't look yet, he is still staring at the ground.
Nick takes a step forward and Warren hides himself behind Quade,
"Warren please",Nick pleads.
Warren is still not talking,Nick takes a step forward but Warren takes a step back,
He takes his steps back again and again until he hits the wall,he lifts his eyes only to see Nick in front of him,the pain I see is something I saw it THAT DAY.

He pushes past him and takes his phone and runs downstairs,Nick is still staring at the wall,
"Nick",Quade calls out for him,he turns back but he panics when he doesn't see Warren,he runs towards downstairs,we run behind them,only to see Warren getting in the car and left,Nick pauses in the hallway,he's numb,he is not talking.

"It's my fault,he told he won't come but I forced him to come,it's all my fault",my tears won't stop,Quade holds me tightly.
"Nea it isn't your fault,it isn't anyone's fault,,don't blame yourself please",Quade says.

He lifts me up and placed me on the couch,
"Nick",he calls out for him but he doesn't move from his place,he stands there for hours and hours but he doesn't move.
It's been 8 hours since he's gone, he hasn't come back yet and my phone buzzes,
"It's Warren",I tell them and immediately Nick snatches phone from my hand,he picks up and puts on speaker.

"Warren where have you been?",I ask him.
"I'm at the airport",he says and Nick's hand trembles and Quade takes the phone from his hand.
"Don't say you are going back",I tell him.
"I am,sorry I didn't wait for you,you can come after you make a decision of selling your house or not",he says and Quade looks at me with pain and hurt.
Why is everything coming all at once at me,I can't do this right now.
"I'm sorry that I forced you to come here I'm so sorry Warren,I'm so sorry",I apologize to him.
"You do know it's not your fault,don't say sorry,come as soon as possible,I'll be waiting ",he says as he cuts the call.

Quade is looking at me with confusion,I know he has so many questions,but I Don't have any answers,I see Nick he takes a step back again and again,he's only looking at ground as he turns around and leaves.
"Nea,what did he mean?",Quade asks.
"Can we talk about this tomorrow,please?",I plead him.
I know he is hurt too,I can see in his eyes but he understood and he nods.
"I'm staying here tonight and I'm not taking a no for an answer",he says and I just nod.

"You sleep in Warren's room",I tell Quade and he just stares at me but he nods.
I go to my room,I need to think,I need to think,
Do I want to sell this house?
No I won't,I Don't want to,I take my phone,I dial to Warren he picks up immediately,
"What is it Nea?",he asks softly.
"I don't want to sell this house,it's my home,I don't want to sell,send me that couple's number,I will call them and apologize to them and I will make sure to find the best house,that they could gift their daughter",I tell him.
"You don't have to,I already told them,I knew it the moment you went to Quade's shop",he says.
I stay quiet for a moment then I speak,
"Thank you Warren,I will come to you in 2 days,then we can do anything you want to,okay?",I tell him.
"You do know that you don't have to right?",he tells me.
I shake my head as if he could see through me through the phone.
"No Warren,I will come to you,I want to",I tell him.
"Okay"
"Okay",I say as I cut the call.
The project we have been working for 2 years will come to an end within 1 or 2 months,I will finish it and then I can move back here,but I Don't want to leave Warren alone,I want him to be near me,I'm afraid that he will only end up hurting himself,he took care of me without giving it a second thought,this is the least I could do for him.

I hear the main door being opened and closed,I open my door and went downstairs to see Quade sitting inside the car and he left,he heard it,isn't it?
But I will talk to him tomorrow.

NEXT DAY IN THE MORNING
I woke up and went directly to Quade's home but it's closed,why is it closed?
I wait for him in the car,I sat there for an hour,I don't have his number in my new phone,so I just wait,it's already 12 in the afternoon he is not here yet,my mind thinking 100 different scenarios,god where is he?

I don't know when I fell asleep,when I opened my eyes it's already 3pm,fuck did I just sleep for 3 hours?
Did he come yet?
When I see,it's locked yet,so I was about go home when I hear a car parking behind mine and when I see in my side mirror,I see Quade with Cleo.
No this is not happening again,not again,I can feel the pain all over again.

He sees my car and he runs to my car before that I start my car and I leave,why is he still with her?
Why is it always me who is in pain?
My tears stars pouring,I should've known it from the start,I should've known.