Chapter thirty-eight

Musa, Flora, Stella, Kalani and Andreas were all hiding behind a large rock, keeping themselves from the monster's line of sight.  "Now what?" Asked Flora while she traced faint shapes onto Andreas and Kalani's hands, the former of which growing flustered as he looked to his sister for any guidance. 

"At least it went away, but we still have no plan." Chimed Kalani, looking to Tecna who quickly shot up from her crouched position. "I say we attack it right now! It won't expect it, we'll take it by surprise." 

"We'd better not." Began Musa, shaking her head. "The monster thinks it's rid of us, we'll let it believe that. Let's focus on finding Bloom." Everybody who hadn't already gotten up from their seated positions did so in order to survey the surrounding areas for any clue as to where she might've gone. 

"But where do we start? The avalanche buried all signs of her." Stella sighed. Flora's eyes focused on three large chunks of ice before her widened in realization. "Hey everybody, look up there. Those look like castle towers." 

"They are indeed castle towers." Agreed Musa. Everybody approached the castle towers, unsure as to how they would be able to get through the thick ice. But clearly, Stella had a plan. She removed her ring and tossed it up in the air. 

"Solaria!" 

When it came back down, in her hand was the scepter of Solaria. She swung her scepter through the air, producing a bright ray of light. She kept the beam trained on the castle towers as the ice eventually began to melt, turning into an ever-growing puddle beneath their feet. 

"The rest of the castle has got to be under our feet." Said Stella as she pressed the blunt end of her scepter, spreading the light from her scepter through the other parts of the castle that protruded through the ice. 

"Girls, we've found Domino's royal castle." 

Suddenly, the ground beneath began to shake once again, cracking the ground and creating another chasm. "Is it an earthquake?" Asked Flora. Andreas shook his head no, as he gripped both her and Kalani's forearm, keeping them balanced. 

Stella flew closer to the chasm before landing on solid ground once again. "It's the castle's courtyard." Everybody else slowly inched closer when they noticed a familiar redhead climbing from the huge crevice of a crack. 

"Hey look! It's Bloom!" Said Kalani, a smile slowly spreading across her face at the sight of her best friend. Stella shouted Bloom's name, gaining her attention as she looked up at her friends, a gratifying look making its way to her face. 

"Get yourselves down here. There's something I need to show you!" 

⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖

After everybody safely made their way down into the palace's courtyard, Stella flew above the castle to try and defrost its entirety with the use of her scepter. Tecna then created a dome like cage that hovered over Stella.

"I'm creating a concentric to increase you power, Stella." Everybody watched in shock as the ice around them began melting far quicker than it was before. "The ionic particles that you generate will catalyze, Stella!" 

Stella looked at her flat mate in confusion as she failed to understand what Tecna's said. "Say that again, Tecna." But Tecna had already given up and instead settled for a simpler explanation, "Never mind, let's just say I'm making your job easier." 

After nearly half an hour of Stella using her magic to thaw Domino's royal castle, she'd finally finished. Stella flew back down to the ground with Tecan jumping down from her position on a destroyed wall, both landing flat on their feet.