Chapter thirty

Together, the two teens spent the rest of the exhibition getting to know one another, and it was proving to be a pleasant experience. "Favorite color?" Asked Andreas as she reached for another cookie that he'd gotten from a friend's snack pile. 

"Purple and blue. There's just something about them that's pleasing." She responded. Andreas nodded his head in agreement when suddenly, the obnoxiously shrill sound of a ringtone filled the air. Kalani, caught off guard by the loud noise, scrambled to grab her cellphone and answered it without hesitation. 

She and whoever she was on the phone with conversed for a few minutes, but when she hung up the phone, her eyes were alit with rage and her jaw was clenched. "I need to go. Your buddy, Prince Sky, is an absolute jerk!"  

Before he could interrogate her in hopes to figure out what she meant, Kalani took off running. 

She brushed past a group of four people, all of which carried themselves with nobility. Among them was a teenage boy no older than she, with intimidatingly amber eyes and short blonde hair parted to the side and slicked down. 

He wore a white button-down shirt with red embellishments that peeked through the side of his red overcoat. 

In a panic, she'd accidently ran into the boy, and they were both sent crashing to the ground, much to the disappointment of his companions. The girl who looked similar to him— likely his sister— rushed to help him up. 

"Oh my! Hyacinth, are you ok?" She asked while glaring at Kalani, who rushed to assist in helping him up but was brushed off by the girl. "Get away from him, you've done enough damage already, peasant." 

"I'm fine, Diaspro, it was simply a mistake is all." He placated, carefully pulling himself up with the help of his sister. But even with the calming tone of voice, even he looked down at Kalani with a look of distain.   

Flustered, Kalani quickly crawled to her feet and looked anywhere but the two blondes, and from the corner of her eye, she could see the looks of disgust from the two adults that she stood before. 

"What is she wearing?" Muttered the woman as she scanned over Kalani's attire that she subconsciously pulled at in an attempt to cover exposed skin. "I really am sorry." Was the last thing she said before continuing her sprint to the courtyard. 

Once she finally arrived, she was met with the sight of Bloom sobbing uncontrollably and her friends trying to console her to no avail. 

"Come on, fireball, let's get you back to Alfea." 

⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖⩕⩖

By the time the Winx returned to Alfea, the moon was looming over the horizon and the sun had begun to set. 

The entire way there, Bloom cried into Kalani's shoulder, and no matter how uncomfortable she got or how strange the feeling of tears on her neck felt, she didn't push her best friend away, and instead let her hide her tear-stained face in the crook of her neck. 

When the bus pulled to the gates of Alfea, the girls paid their fare before getting off and heading to their dorm, ignoring the judging stares and whispers of their schoolmates. Once they were in the privacy of their dorm, Bloom crumpled to the floor in a fit of tears. 

Musa was the first one to act, casting a barrier over their dorm so no one would hear what was going on from the outside. 

Kalani quickly joined Bloom and pulled her into a tight hug, not letting go as she felt her friends follow suit and joined them on the floor, embraced in a group hug where they stayed for a few minutes until Bloom's sobs died down.