chpt 18: the plan

[thomas's pov]

Visions stream my head. I remember everything, before the maze, y/n and I were dating. We would escape our rooms during the night just to see each other, Teresa was y/n's best friend, I was never to fond of her, I could tolerate her don't get me wrong. But she was awfully controlling. All my memories from before the maze was implanted in my brain, like it was never erased from existence.

Suddenly, I jolt awake. My head hurts like a bitch. I see y/n sitting over me holding a hand on my chest.

"Oh my fucking god, you're alive!" Y/n says seeing my eyes open. "Are you okay? You're actually so dumb." She says, her accent piercing my ears in all the good ways. I've missed hearing her voice.

I look up at her and nod. When I hear Chuck, "What the hell were you thinking??" He says to me in a very sassy way.

"What happened?" I say looking at all the surrounding people, y/n and I are sat in the pit, Newt, Minho, Chuck and Teresa are all crouched down peering through the cage.

"Gally's taken control. He said we had a choice either join him, or get banished at sundown with you." Newt explains to me.

"And the others agreed to that?" I say in disbelief.

"Gally has evryone convinced you're the reason all this has happened." Y/n explains to me, patting me on the shoulder.

"Well, he's been right so far." I say ominously.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Minho asks me, also with sass. I love him don't get me wrong, but he needs to cut it out.

"This place...It's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison, it's a test. It all started when we were kids. They'd give us these challenges, they were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one by one, like clock work." I say to them all.

"Sending them up into the maze?" Teresa questions.

"Yeah, but not all of us." I say, about to go into depth about every detail of what I saw.

"What do you mean?" Newt queries.

"Guys, I'm one of them." All their head tilt, "The people who put you here, I worked with them. I watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here, I..." I start to explain, holding back tears. "I was on the other side of it." I look over to y/n, not wanting to say it, but I had to tell her the truth, "And so were you, y/n. But after they took newt, you put up a fight, not long after. They sent you up as-well, I tried to fight back. But they slowly erased my memories of you. I forgot who you were, the women I loved, getting ripped away from me." I say rubbing her back.

"Wait, I worked with you, I knew you before the maze?" She asked me, tears streaming down her rosie cheeks.

"Yeah, we were daiting, they knew that if I remembered who you were and saw you going up into the maze, I would do something about it. So that's why they erased my memories, they couldn't risk it." I explain to her. "Teresa, you worked for them as-well, you were one of their best employees." I say turning my head to Teresa's.

"What?" She asks.

"Teresa, we did this to them. Y/n knew it was wrong from the start, she did something about it. I tried to, but then got my memories taken away. We just sat there and watched." I say.