7. ATTITIVE POSITUDE

MITCHELL WALKED OVER TO SIT beside his younger sister on the bleachers. The whole family had come together to watch the high school football game. Not only in support of Manny – who was on the team – but also for Cam who was coaching the high school football team. 

"Where's everyone else?" Mitch questioned. Looking confused that no-one else from the family was there, despite promising that they would come.

"Luke is doing the points..." Chloe said, pointing over to where her nephew was sat, "...Alex and Haley are wandering around somewhere here. Phil, no clue. Daniel has gone to get us some hot dogs. No idea where anyone else is. Where's Lily?"

"Gloria's picking her up," Mitch explained.

Chloe nodded before her eyes widened when she spotted Mitchell's boss walking over. She slapped Mitch's arm, ignoring his cries of pain, "What the hell? I thought you were quitting?" She asked. Sending her brother a pointed look.

For the past couple of weeks he had been constantly talking about quitting his job after being offered a better one by an old college friend. Yet, he seemed to constantly come up with excuses to not disappoint his boss. Making himself clearly miserable.

"I was going to but just couldn't today," Mitch whispered, before sending her a pointed look when his boss reached them, greeting Mitch before looking over at Chloe, his eyes widening slightly.

"Well, hello, there..." He grinned, showing off his pearly white teeth. He held his hand out for her to shake, "...You look like the future Mrs. Bingham."

Chloe grimaced. She shook her head and held up her left hand. Her engagement and wedding rings shining in the sun, "No thanks," She said, refusing his handshake, placing her hand down onto her belly. Grinning when she spotted Daniel making his way over with some food and drinks.

"Erm..." Mitch looked around uncomfortably, "Charlie this is my younger sister, Chloe and her husband Daniel."

Charlie glanced over at Daniel, who nodded at him in greeting.

"All right?" Dan greeted, sitting down beside Chloe and passing her one of the hot dogs.

Charlie pursed his lips and nodded, "Great," He nodded. Sitting down next to Mitch. 

"I didn't know you were here, Mitch, you want a hot dog?" Daniel asked, gesturing to the other hot dog on the small tray.

"No, no, I'm all right, thanks though," He nodded, smiling appreciatively at his brother-in-law.

Daniel nodded and enjoyed the hot dog for himself. The game slowly coming to a start.

"Beautiful day here at Red Stag field..." Luke said over the speakers, "...Kicking off for the home team is number forty-four, Jason Miller, who also plays lacrosse, soccer, and all the girl parts when he and his friends act out 'High School Musical'. Quite possibly, the only girl parts he'll ever see."