8. SHE LEFT HER COAT HERE

"WHAT HAPPENED? YOU WENT TO jail?" Chloe asked. She and Daniel had just arrived at Jay and Gloria's house for dinner. They spotted the Dunphy kids walking away from their parents and into the kitchen, whilst Claire and Phil stayed standing in the hallway. Gloria had informed the Pierce's about Phil's little jail adventure earlier that day.

"Out of everyone in the family, Phil would not have been my first choice to be locked up," Chloe admitted. Nodding at the camera.

"Who would be?" Daniel asked, turning his head to look at her, curious to hear her answer.

She smiled innocently, "Probably me if we never got together."

"It was rough," Phil sighed, "I was in isolation for far too long," He commented, briefly glancing at Claire.

She rolled her eyes and sighed, waking off and into the kitchen.

"All right, then," Chloe muttered, she took Daniel's hand and they walked off into the kitchen, Phil following them. 

Chloe went straight for the snacks, Dan going over to greet the rest of the family. Chloe frowned at the fact that she still couldn't enjoy any wine. It had felt like she hadn't drank any for years by this point and she couldn't wait for when she would be finally have one again. 

"Not long to go now, eh?" Mitch asked, nudging his sister's shoulder as he came to stand near her. Lily came running over, climbing up onto her aunt's lap. Trying her best to get comfortable with Chloe's eight and half month belly getting in the way. 

She nodded, "Yeah, it was my last day at work today," She told him. Softly stroking Lily's hair.

"What's up?" Manny asked, looking at Jay and gaining everyone's attention.

"It's about your love life," Jay said.

"A lot of people here, Jay," Manny said, gesturing around the room. 

"Consider it an intervention."

Chloe and Mitch sharing a confused look. 

Everyone quietened down and looked towards Jay and Manny. Confused as to what this was all about. 

"Now, this whole Amy thing is going nowhere..." Jay continued, "...But it sounds like you have a girl that really likes you. Now, I know it's not everything you want. M-maybe she's a little thick in the middle. I don't know. But why don't you give her a try?"