Seeing You Again (Gene x Fem!Reader) | Mystreet; Love~Love Paradise

Y/n's P.O.V

"Gene is here?! On the island?!" I cried. Dante nodded. "Yep, I was hanging out with him all day yesterday," he explained.

Gene had been my best friend all through highschool. Yeah, he did bully other kids, but I always saw his nice side. He was always nice to me.

"Dante, where is he?! I need to see him now!" I cried. "Where is who?" Grace asked coming down the stairs.

Oh shoot, Grace doesn't like Gene. She didn't like me because I was friends with him back in highschool, but we are friends now.

I took a deep breath. "Gene," I said, looking at the ground. Grace's eyes widened. "GENE IS HERE?! ON THE ISLAND?!" She yelled.

I nodded as she took a deep breath. "Y/n, go on and see him, but please don't bring him near me," she said as she walked into the kitchen.

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Grace," I said as I ran out the door, off to find Gene. I had no idea where to find him, but I just went for it.

~

I found Gene sitting on the beach, I snuck up behind him and put my hands on his shoulders. "Hey," I said, smiling.

He quickly turned around and as he saw me, he jumped up and pulled me into a tight hug. "Y/n! I'm so glad to see you!" He cried.

"I'm so happy to see you too Gene! When Dante told me you were on the island, I got really excited!" I explained.

"Yeah, I was with Dante all day yesterday," Gene said. I nodded. "Do you want to come back to our place and hang out?" I asked.

Gene agreed and we headed back to where I was staying with the others.

~

As we walked up to the door of my place, I saw Grace sitting at the counter. My eyes widened. 'Shoot, shoot, shoot! I wasn't meant to bring Gene near Grace!' I screamed at myself.

"Y/n? What's the hold up?" Gene asked as he walked inside. I quickly ran after him and that's when Gene and Grace saw each other.

"Gene."

"Grace."

They stared each other down for a whole minute before Grace stood up off the stool. "Right, I'm going upstairs," she said as she glared at me and headed for the stairs.

"Grace wait..." Gene called after her. "I don't want to hear it Gene. You ruined my childhood so why do you think I would even want to talk to you?" Grace said sternly, as she walked up stairs.

He ruined her childhood? He couldn't have been that bad, right? I shook it off and turned back to Gene. "Do you want to go and hang out in my roo-" I stopped when I remembered something.

Grace and I shared a room, which meant we couldnt go in there. I quickly thought about where else we can go. "Do you want to go hang out on the roof?" I asked.

Gene nodded in agreement and we headed up the stairs to the roof.

We spent hours up there just talking and catching up on the years we misses with each other. We hung out for the next few days and the feelings I had for Gene in highschool, started to come back.

I wasn't sure if he felt the same way about me so I just kept it a secret, until our last night in Love~Love Paradise.

"Y/n, can we talk?" He said to me as we sat on the beach, watching the sun set. I turned to him with a warm smile. "Sure!"

He took a deep breath before he began. "Y/n, since I have seen you again, I have started to get butterflies every time I saw u," he began.

My eyes widened. 'Is this really it?' I thought to myself.

"Y/n, the feelings I had for you back in high school, have carried over all these years," he continued as he stood up, holding his and out to me and helping me up.

He held both my hands. "Y/n, I love you, and I would love you to be my girlfriend," he finished.

Tears started to fill my eyes. "Gene, I love you too, and I'd love to be your girlfriend," I said, wiping away my tears as he pulled me into a tight hug.

I was so happy and so was all my friends, including Grace. Grace and Gene talked, and they decided to leave the past behind them.

Grace said that it's going to take a long time to forgive him for everything that he has done but she is going to try and build a friendship with him.

I couldn't have been happier, I was dating the man I had loved since high school.