- 37 -

ZEEV

"How are you these days? How's the pup?" I asked, making conversation with him while waiting for the other mate.

"I'm doing good actually thanks to him, I experienced a lot of things and and different feelings because of him. He helped me when I'm at my lowest, he didn't force me to stand and fight, yet he stayed with me and making me see the reasons why should I stand on my own. He always wait for me and go along with my pace. Along the way I never even realize how much I've change. I thought I couldn't love. I thought I don't deserve love. But he made me see that I could love and be loved and I deserve love. He's a good man. And I respect and love him because of that." He said.

He really love that other mate.

Looking back to what I did to Zephyr, there is a big difference to our approach towards Zephyr. That man waited, and was patient to Zephyr, while I on the other hand was impatient. I never even asked or thought how would it make my mate feel. I was fast-paced, I just bomb him things that he may not accept. I only thought about myself.

I just smiled at my mate and let him continue.

"Zylak on the other hand, he was doing great also. I was able to sustain the needs of him, from the vet, to the vitamins and the vet. I was able to feel how it was to have a family, me, Zylak and him. He also treat Zylak like his own son. " He continued.

I was happy that my mate was treated right. But I was also sad because I was the one making him feel like that.

"He must be a good man" I replied

"He is, Esme is indeed a great person" he said.

Esme?

He have the same name with that bloodsucker?

Wait? Aren't that bloodsucker found his mate recently?! How great the coincidence is?! He couldn't be that guy my mate talking about right?!

"Dear?" A man spoked behind my back.

A man that sounds so familiar. Like that bloodsucker.

"Esme" my mate uttered his name and walked towards the man behind me.

My heart stopped.

It can't be him right?

I turned around and saw him

It's that bloodsucker! Fck this shit! Why is there another problem now?!

"You!" The only thing I could utter and I saw red.

I

heard him cursed loudly and I strangled him. He fought back of course and our fight started.

I heard Zephyr shouted stop, as well as my mom's voice. But we never stop,  the fight continue until we heard a very loud and angry shout.

"STOP!!!! STOP! STOP!!! I'M SO TIRED WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS HAPPENING NOW AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO FO ANYMORE! WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING! WHAT'S HAPPENING ALREADY. I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!STOP! I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE! STOP! I DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE! I DON'T KNOW! STOP PLEASE, PLEASE, STOP!" My mate cried loudly. Every piece of his words are a dagger stabbing to my heart.

We stopped, and Esme immediately run towards my mate and comforted him.

"Dear, I am so sorry. Hush dear, calm down. I deeply apologize for what happened. I did not mean for you to see that." Esme said a lot of comforting words to him.

They look like what mates are. One was giving comfort to the distressed other.

Doubts enveloped me.

Am I the mistake one here?
Did I ruin what was supposed to be a beautiful connection between them?

"Oh my, Zeev baby are you okay? What's happening? What's with Esme doing here?" My mom approached me.

"He's the other mate" I replied

My mom gasped. Is she was shocked imagine how I'm feeling now .

I saw that vampire carry my mate, still whispering comfort words to him.

"Wait" I said absentmindedly

I didn't even know why I stopped them.

I just felt that if I let them leave, I'll never see my mate again. The this is the end.

Esme looked at me, with bruises in his face.

" He needs time to calm down. We will be talking about this matter next time." He said as he walked away.

Tears fell from my eyes as I saw him walk away with my nate in his arms.

Would there be a time that I could be the man carrying my mate? Would I be given the chance to comfort my mate and make him feel safe? Would I be allowed to loved and care him like that?

All my life, Esme was the biggest block I've met growing up. He was the best, the gifted, the genius, the favorite friend, the most handsome, the best leader, the son, the kid and everyone chooses him against me. I lived through his shadows. I was always the second place. Even when experiencing love back then, he was the reason of my first heartbreak. I was a fool at that time, a little boy thinking he could rewrite the fate of mate bonds. And now even my mate chose him, it was his arms that carried my mate. It was his voice that brings comfort to my mate. It was his loved that bring happiness to my mate.

I am always the second one. And I never won against him. Even in my mate.

I never wanted to give up, but what do I have against him? How can I win against him? My mate's eyes shine whenever he talked about him. I can feel and see the happiness, love and trust Zephyr have for Esme. Even now my mate chose him as his safe place. As his home. And I'm nothing but a homewrecker to their peaceful life.

What did I do to experience this?

"Let's go home" I said to everyone.

I walked home with my heart shattering into pieces.

I hope this is not goodbye.

•••••♪♪♪♪♪•••••