Part 47

The lower part of Su She's body was already submerged inside the black whirlpool in the lake. The whirlpool spun faster and faster, and his body also sank deeper and deeper. There seemed to be something hiding underwater, holding onto his legs and pulling them down. Jiang Cheng originally stood on his Sandu and calmly ascended to about seventy meters above the surface of the lake. As he looked down, he dashed toward them with an annoyed expression, "What are you doing, now?!"

The sucking force of the lake became stronger and stronger. Wei WuXian's sword was superior in terms of agility, but inferior in terms of strength. He was almost weighed down to the point of hovering right above the surface of the lake. He steadied himself while using both hands to haul Su She, and shouted, "Can somebody come here to help?! If I still can't pull him up, I'm gonna let go!"

"As you should", SiZhui shouted.

"I still don't understand why you are trying to save him", JingYi whined

"You shouldn't disrespect a life", Lan QiRen said to the kids. "Lan Su she might not be a good person, but at that time nobody was aware of it. So if Wei Wuxian actually dropped him in any case, that would be against cultivation ethics"

"Yes ", this time he agreed with old Lan. "Su she was a disciple, nothing else. I would have done the same to anyone"

"But they are already drowning. Uncle, why are you not rescuing them? Give him a handddddd", Jin RuLan shouted at his uncle, who had already covered his ears, predicting this reaction.

"Sandu is high briskly but not sturdy enough to hold 3 ", Jiang Cheng said reading the expression in his nephew's eyes. "It's not that I didn't want to save him, but you already know each sword has its own advantages and disadvantages"

"Then what about A-die?"

"Oo Lan SiZhui, He is here with us now, isn't he?"

Suddenly, Wei WuXian felt his collar tighten, and he was lifted into the air. He turned around to see Lan WangJi holding the back of his collar with one hand. Although Lan WangJi merely looked into another direction with an indifferent look, he and his sword carried the weight of three people, and fought with the mysterious force of the lake at the same time. Moreover, their position was still rising at a steady pace. Jiang Cheng was rather shocked. If I went down to pull Wei WuXian before him, using Sandu, I probably couldn't have ascended so quickly and steadily. Lan WangJi is only around my age...

Now the kids breathed in relief.

"And yes, your A-die is the one who saved me. After all, how long can he just watch me almost dying ? ", Wei Wuxian joked out of pure habit. But this time, it was different. The joke obviously didn't receive well. Enough by the audience.

"I know you are with us now and A-die won't let anything happen to you. But watching you getting himself into trouble is alarming, Xian ge-ge ", Lan SiZhui placed one palm over his chest to calm his racing heartbeat.

"Now you know how I always felt when he is up to something", saying this, Jiang Cheng turned to Wei Wuxian. "Now even your kid understood how you reckless you were back then"

At this point, Wei WuXian spoke, "Lan Zhan, your sword is quite strong, isn't it? Thank you, thank you. But why did you pull my collar? Can't you hold on to me? I don't feel comfortable if you do this. Why don't I stretch my hand to you and you can grab it?"

Lan WangJi replied with a cold voice, "I do not have physical contact with others."

Wei WuXian, "We're already this familiar with each other, so how am I 'others'?"