Part 61

.

.

Just as he was doubting himself, Lan WangJi spoke up, "Thanks."

Wei WuXian thought that he heard wrong. He looked at Lan WangJi, who was also looking at him. In all seriousness, he repeated himself, "Thanks."

"He is saying thanks after almost giving him a Heart attack" SiZhui gritted his teeth at his father's dual personality.

Seeing how he lowered his head slightly, Wei WuXian was scared that he might worship him by kneeling. He quickly darted to the side, "There's no need, there's no need. There's a problem with me that I'm unable to stand it when others thank me, especially when people like you thank me so seriously. It's so creepy that I'm even getting goosebumps. Kneeling worship, of course, is even more so unnecessary."

Lan WangJi replied with indifference, "You are thinking too much. Even if I wanted to worship you, I would not be able to move."

"Pfftttttttt"

"Xiongzhang"

"What", Lan Xichen retorted, "I didn't even say anything"

"You were thinking it", Lan WangJi said, "stop"

It seemed that he was finally back to normal, and he even thanked Wei WuXian two times. Wei WuXian was so delighted that he couldn't help but want to move over again. He was the type of person who loved to be shoulder-to-shoulder with others, but the slight pain from the bite marks on his arm reminded him that Lan Zhan had just thrown a fit a moment ago, and maybe he'd be at it again just a moment later.

He gained control over himself at once and stared at the black ceiling of the cave, speaking in a straight voice, "Now that Jiang Cheng and the others escaped, it'd take them one or two days to go down the mountain. After they get down, they'd definitely return to wherever they live instead of reporting to the Wen Sect. But since their swords were taken, I don't know how long it'd take for them to find help. I'd say that we'll probably have to stay here underground for quite a while. We'd need to search for ways to solve a few issues."

After a pause, he continued, "The good thing is that the monster stays in the pool and doesn't chase after us. But the bad thing is also that it doesn't come out. With it guarding the hole under the pool, we won't be able to get out either."

"Ohhh ", HuiSang exclaimed, "I actually forgot about it. It's still there"

"with how much screaming they are, It's a good thing it didn't come out", Xichen commented

"It doesn't react to sounds I guess, even when we were there it moved when they were standing on it"

Lan WangJi, "It is perhaps not a monster. What does it look like, to you?"

Wei WuXian, "A tortoise!"

Lan WangJi, "There is one divine creature that takes on such a form."

Wei WuXian, "The divine beast Xuanwu?"

"How many historic creatures they dealt with!!" , the kids wondered

The Xuanwu, also called the Nether Xuanwu, was a combination of turtle and snake. It was a water deity that dwelled in the North Sea. Since the Nether was also in the North, the creature was known as the God of the Northern Sky.

Lan WangJi nodded. Wei WuXian flashed his teeth, "How can a divine beast look like thiiis? It's got a mouthful of fangs and eats human flesh. It seems a bit too different from the legends."