Part 54

"Shijie" Wei Wuxian called in his mind "they are yearning for you"

"I know A-Xian", she replied, eyes fixated on her son and brother

He asked, "Shall I tell them?"

"No..", she didn't even take a minute to process the question. "Not until they can see me"

Jiang YanLi smiled. Those somewhat mild features immediately lit up with color. Yu ZiYuan spoke coldly, "Eat? A few days after this, when they're at Qishan, we won't even know if they give them any food. Why not go a few meals hungry starting from now? Let them get used to it!"

This demand of the Qishan Wen Sect was one that they couldn't turn down. Countless precedents could prove that if any sect dared defy their orders, it would be accused of strange things such as being 'rebellious' or 'destructive.' And, with these as reasons, they would wipe it out fair and square.

"Han Guang-Jun? ", Lan JingYi called out. "The people from our sect also attended this class?", he asked

"Unfortunately yes", Lan WangJi replied. Did he attend it himself? yes, and The whole incident was the reason for one of the biggest achievements and catastrophe at the same time in his life.

Jiang FengMian replied in a lukewarm voice, "Why fret over it? No matter what comes in the future, today's meal should still be eaten."

Madam Yu was out of patience. She slammed the table, "I'm fretting? Of course I'm fretting! How can you still be so indifferent? Did you not hear what the person from the Wen Sect said? A mere maidservant dares to hold up her head before me! The twenty disciples that are sent must include a disciple from the clan. What does that mean? It means that between A-Cheng and A-Li, one of them must be included! Sent there to do what? To be taught? How each sect teaches their own disciples—since when is it the Wen Sect's turn to meddle?! This is sending people for them to play with, for them to hold against us!"

Jiang Cheng, "Mom, don't be so angry. I'll just go."

Madam Yu scolded, "Of course you'll go! Or else would your sister go? Look at her, still happily peeling lotus seeds. A-Li, stop peeling them. Who are you peeling them for? You're the mistress, not somebody's servant!"

"She is unbelievable", SiZhui and Jingyi muttered at the same time

Hearing the word 'servant', Wei WuXian didn't mind much. He had finished all of the lotus seeds in the dish all at once, chewing as the soft, refreshing sweetness filled his mouth. Jiang FengMian, on the other hand, raised his head slightly, "My lady."

"That is all?", Jin Ling scoffed. "That is how grandfather schooled her?"

"I told you, father never had a voice when mother start speaking", Jiang Cheng reminded his nephew

Madam Yu, "What, something I said? Servant? You don't want to hear the word? Jiang FengMian, let me ask you—this time, do you intend to let him go?"

Jiang FengMian, "It's up to himself. He can go if he wants to."

Wei WuXian raised his hand, "I want to go."

Madam Yu laughed harshly, "How wonderful. He can go if he wants to. If he doesn't want to, it's definitely possible for him to stay. Why is it that A-Cheng has to go no matter what? Raising someone else's child with such passion, Sect Leader Jiang, you really are a very nice person!"

"How dumb is this lady", Jin Ling roared at the screen which took the others by surprise

"Jin Ling", Wei Wuxian's tone was quite high but Lan WangJi put his palm over his mouth to stop him from scolding the younger one.