Part 56

After the servant came and went, a dainty girl approached them. Her name was Wang LingJiao. She was one of the servants that Wen Chao kept by his side. Exactly how she served him, though, everyone knew without the need of explaining. She used to be a maid of Wen Chao's principal wife. Since she had quite the look, she got into his bed after exchanging a few looks with her mistress. As one's position elevates, those around them receive blessings as well. In the world of cultivation, a certain 'YingchuanWang Sect' had also appeared.

Since her spiritual power was weak, she couldn't use upper-level swords, which was why she held a long branding iron in her hand. All of the Wen Sect's servants had one of these branding irons. Without the need to be heated, it gave a painful brand to whomever it touched.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen startled at the mention of branding Iron. On the contrary the one sitting beside them was having none of those changes in his face even though the soul purpose of their discomfort was associated with this man.

"It hurts Lan Zhan, why did you do it? ", Wei Wuxian whispered.

Why did he do it? Because that was something his lover endured and he wanted to share the pain? Or he wanted to remember him as long as he can and this scar might help? Or did he think he could get him back if he endured all the sufferings Wei Wuxian once went through? Wei Wuxian never expected an answer.

Holding it in her hand, Wang LingJiao scolded pompously, "Young Master Wen told you to search for the entrance, so what are you doing, whispering to each other?"

At such a time, even a mere maid who had earned her position by crawling into another's bed sheets could bloat with such arrogance before them. They weren't sure whether to laugh or frown.

Suddenly, somebody shouted from the side, "Found it!"

Wang LingJiao didn't have the time to pay them any more attention. Having rushed over, she took a look at it, then beamed, "Young Master Wen! They found it! The entrance!"

"Xian gege, What were you looking for?", SiZhui asked

"An opening to an underground space ? maybe?"

Jiang Cheng completed, "They never gave us enough information"

It was a hole in the ground, hidden quite well beneath an old banyan tree with a trunk as large as the hug of three men. The first reason as to why they couldn't find it was that the entrance was rather small, not even five feet in width, and the second that the thick, tangled roots and vines weaved a firm web, blocking the entrance. Above it, there was also a layer of leaves and branches, mud and stone, and thus it was almost unnoticeable.

Pushing aside the rotten leaves and mud, cutting away the roots, and the dark, eerie hole had been revealed.

The entrance led deep underground. The cold air plunged into everyone's face, sending chills down their back. Nothing was heard of the pebble that had been tossed inside. It was as though it had sunk into the sea.

"It is scary to look from here", Jingyi breathed

"So you are not excited to know better? ", Jin Ling asked, smirking at his friend. More adventurous it is, the more interested Lan Jingyi would be.

"Of course I am", he grinned, "I'm waiting for the hidden monsters there"

Wen Chao was ecstatic, "This must be it! Quick, everyone, get down there!"

"Why didn't he go down first? ", Jingyi screamed , "giving orders and doing nothing. This man only knows how to take credit of others work"

Jin ZiXuan couldn't hold it any longer. He spoke coldly, "You brought us here, saying that we'll be hunting a beast. Then, if I may ask, what sort of a beast is it? Informing us beforehand would allow us to cooperate more efficiently so that we wouldn't be as confused as last time."