Part 57

Hey dear readers,

yesterday there was blackout in the city because of heavy rain, my laptop ran out of battery before I could finish this chapter. So sorry for not posting🙃🙃.

if you are not following me and you didn't get a notification, yesterday I managed to make a change and update the part 54 of this story. There is not much differences but some additional dialogues, which are very significant to a certain memory of our dear WangXian. Please reread Part 54  to find the updated portion 😉😉😉

now let's dive into the show👇

-------------------------

The 'islet' moved quickly toward the shore.

The approach of the foreign beast brought upon them formless tension. Aside from a few—Lan WangJi, Jin ZiXuan, Jiang Cheng, and Wen ZhuLiu —everyone else kept on staggering backward. Just as everyone thought that the underwater creature would flip out any moment, it halted.

The dormant beast had been awakened because Wei WuXian jumped onto its back. Now, Wei WuXian didn't dare move rashly. He remained where he was and waited.

Above the dark water that surrounded the 'islet' were a few maple leaves of an unusually bright shade of red, slowly floating by.

Below the leaves, within the depths of the pool, was something that looked like a pair of glowing bronze mirrors. The bronze mirrors grew larger and larger, nearer and nearer. Wei WuXian exclaimed under his breath. Dragging Wen Chao, he stepped back just as the surface below his foot shook and suddenly began to rise. The 'islet' rose into the air. The large, coal-black head of a beast, atop it the couple of maple leaves, soared out of the water!

"Aaahhhhhhhhhh", they heard a loud scream and the culprit hid behind Lan SiZhui.

"Lan Jingyi", Master Lan called out.

"I'm sorry, it's just I was startled by the sudden appearance", Jingyi stuttered. With a sigh they again turned to the screen.

Under the screams varying in pitch, the beast slowly turned its head around, staring with its massive eyes the two humans on its back.

The round head of the beast appeared rather strange, similar to both a turtle's and a snake's. Simply looking at its head, it'd be more like a gigantic snake, but looking at its body, which had largely risen out of the water already, it seemed more like a...

Wei WuXian, "... What a large... tortoise..."

This wasn't the average tortoise.

If the tortoise were to crash onto the Lotus Pier's training ground, its shell alone could fill up the entire martial arts field. Even three burly men wouldn't be able to put their arms around its dark crown. Much less, the average tortoise couldn't extend out of its shell a snake's long, winding head, within it a full mouth of yellow, criss-crossed fangs, let alone grow four sharp claws that seemed quite agile.

The expression on the face of the cultivators present was nothing better than the actual one's. They were scared, disgusted and excited at the same time. Scared because the beast was undeniably dangerous, Disgusted because of villainous it looked and excited because that right there, was a historical creature they only knew from books. They were all curious to know how Wei Wuxian, Lan WangJi, Jiang Cheng and Jin Zixuan who were on the front line handled this thing and made out alive.