Part 23

They were on the edge of death. A creature that is far out of their strength was in front of them, and they failed to fight against it. Those people, who claimed to be the righteous cultivators even needed Wen Ning, a fierce corpse, in their language Ghost general to help them save their lives. But the moment they were out of danger, what did they do ? Pointed their swords at the one who saved them. 3 months or 13 years, these people was not going to change . They were hungry, not for food but for power and authority.

Some people replied hesitantly, but more people were indecisive, walking backward slowly. The cultivator shouted again, "Fellow cultivators, we have to block him so that he doesn't escape. This is Wen Ning we're facing!"

These words convinced the crowd. What was a mere soul-consuming monster compared to the Ghost General? Although the reason as to his appearance was unknown, it was obvious that killing one thousand soul consuming spirits couldn't even compare to capturing one single Wen Ning.

After all, this was the most obeying mad dog under the YiLing Patriarch, which bit people without making any noise. If it was captured, they would surely become famous in the cultivation world and quickly rise to success!

"morons", Wei WuXian spat. "They think they can take him down? HIM! WEN NING? these lowly cultivators think they can capture and control him. Who do they think they are ? Some immortals ? He is not that naïve kid anymore. That is Wen Ning. The strongest soldier. Whole cultivation world can try and my friend will still stand tall. Sect leaders, with all due respect, this is what your disciplines thinking of him? Let m ask you, is there anyone in your golden cultivation world strong enough to face him ?"

There was not a single lie in his words. Without using demonic measures and something as strong as Wei Wuxian's music, it was impossible to control Wen Ning's mind. Wen Ning was created for revenge, from revenge. The once immature and primitive boy was got his share of bullying and faced the cruelty of this world, this cultivation world itself. This new Wen Ning, Ghost general grew up feeding on that immaturity. So it was natural he became as fierce as he is now.

The sect leaders and Lan elder felt ashamed for their disciplines. They were in a very serious situation. Now presented in front of them was an opportunity to save some lives. But look what they chose to do. Fighting against HIM . The mere idea itself was the stupidest. Capturing him and become famous !!! Seriously ? But considering what they did to Wei Wuxian that led to his death, wasn't they the same ??

Ghost General was the strongest on his own, now with YiLing Lanzhou's guidance he is unstoppable. If something happens to these cultivators they can only blame their fate.Wen Ning, the ferocious Ghost general in question was still standing in a corner of that cave , like a child lost in the crowd.

Their original goal from attending the Dafan Mountain night-hunt was to fight for fairies , beasts, and evil spirits to add to their experiences. With the shouts, it was certain that some people were interested. Yet, the older cultivators who saw with their own eyes how wild Wen Ning was when he broke out were still cautious to make a move. Hence, the person shouted once more, "What are you scared of? It's not as if the YiLing Patriarch is here right now."

"the nerves to say that, right in front of YiLing patriarch !!!", Lan SiZhui exclaimed. Sensing his husband's anger, Lan WangJi frowned. He didn't like this. He didn't like this how which brings back the memories. His Wei Ying is not happy to see this. Lan Wangji slowly pulled him closer to his chest.