Ch. 17

We made our way into through the gate where they were taking tickets and started to walk around. We went to a tshirt booth and stood in line to see what they had. "Do you smell pot?" Michael asked me. I nodded and let out a laugh. "Damn, already? It's not even 5 yet." I laughed and looked up, seeing a few shirts I was going to get.

"I'm getting three." I said, not looking at Michael. I could feel his eyes on me and I smiled, turning to him. "I want , , and ." I pointed at them and he looked at me weird. "What?"

"I want the same ones." He said. I started laughing and he joined me. We calmed down when we reached the front of the line. "Can we get two of each of the #12, #2o, and the #34? all sized large?" The guy looked up at him with an eyebrow raised.

"That will be $300 please." He said. Michael pulled out his credit card and gave it to the guy to slide in the machine. "Would you like a bag?"

"Please." I said with a smile. He nodded and grabbed the shirts, throwing them in the bag. He handed Mike back his card and then a receipt. I grabbed the bag from him and smiled again. "Thank you." We walked away from the booth and over to the side of the stage where there were security guards standing. We showed them our passes and they let us through.

"I'm so fucking nervous right now." Michael said as he looked around.

"Me too." I said. I smiled and turned to face Michael. "He's right there Michael. Billie Joe is right there."

"I see him alright." He said. "He's coming over here, shit, fuck, Luke." I turned back around and he was right in front of me.

"Aren't you guys that are in that band?" He asked. I nodded my head, along with Michael. "Cool man, I've heard about you guys."

"You have?" Michael asked him. He smiled and nodded.

"You guys are really tall." He said.

"We get told that a lot." I said with a laugh.

"Oh hey, I heard about you coming out. It was all over the fucking news, talk of the fucking week everywhere. Congratulations by the way." He said with a smile on his face.

"Thank you, that really means a lot actually." I said.

"Ya, no problem. Hey, I'll talk to you guys later, I have to get on stage." He said and waved before walking away. I turned to Michael and looked at him.

"Will you slap me, or pinch me, or something?" I asked him. He reached out and pinched my arm. "This is real."

"Holy fucking shit Luke. He fucking knows who we are. What the- Who- What the fuck." Michael rambled. I nodded my head and pulled him over to the side of the stage where we watched the whole concert.
***

I had my arms wrapped around Michael's neck from behind. He was sitting on a bar stool in front of me. He had his hands on my arms, pulling them away from his neck so I wouldn't choke him but he kept rubbing his thumb over my arm so I knew it was alright to stand like this. "I love you so much." I said.

"I love you too." He said and I kissed him behind his ear.

"No. Like, this has been the best day of my life." I said. He smiled and kissed him again before just letting my arms hang over his shoulders as I stood behind him. I dropped my head into his neck and closed my eyes.

"Hey." He said and tapped my thigh. I looked up and saw Billie Joe walking over to us again. He smiled at us and sat on the stool next to Michael. "You guys did amazing."

"Thank you." He said and smiled at him before looking back at me. "You guys are adorable."

"Thanks." I said with a laugh. He laughed as well and took a drink of water.

"How happy were you about gay marriage being legalized in Ireland and America?" He asked us.

"I cried." I said. Michael snorted and looked up at me.

"You sobbed." He corrected, making Billie Joe laugh.

"So did you. Stop playing the tough card and be honest." I said with a laugh. He rolled his eyes with a smile on his face. "Just wish Australia or the UK would be next."

"It made me so happy." Billie Joe said. "I mean, obviously I'm married, but I'm also bisexual so it was amazing." Me and Mike smiled and nodded. "Well, I need to go see my beautiful wife. It was nice meeting you guys. Oh, and I heard about that interview, where you said I was you guys' celebrity crush."

"Lovely." I said sarcastically. Mine and Michael's cheeks both turned red and he laughed.

"Don't be embarrassed. I'm really flattered and it means a lot that you chose me." He said and walked away.

"Did that just happen?" Mikey asked. I smiled and nodded my head.