Diaphanite

The room was prepared by Mariana was the old Lorena room. The bed, dressing and study table was same as her room before. It means Treva Ritshel didn’t buy a new property at all. It was just that the paint color has changed.

However, it seemed new owner also has absolutely not intention to repair.

She left this house when she was high school. At that time she was too early to decide how she lived next.

She was very lucky because Mr. Ritshel didn’t just buy his house. But all the existing properties. But for the property, Mr. Ritshel replaced it for school fees until graduation. Meanwhile, she moved in a smaller house to save costs. It was better than living in an orphanage.

During school, Lorena also worked part-time. However, she must have an income to survive, because he was alone at all.

She also remembered when she moved. She didn’t carry all his stuff. Mr. Ritshel also promised to keep it in the basement. It was also the place where Hansel kept the crystal. She thought maybe this was the right time for her to enter the basement and take the crystal.

Lorena came out of the room and went to Mariana’s room. He saw Mariana knitting. He knocked on the door very slowly, so Mariana wouldn't be bothered.

Mariana smiled at Lorena.

She came in. She saw the scattered threads of knitting. “What are you knitting?”

“This jumper is for my daughter.” Mariana showed her knitting. Even though it was not finished yet, the jumper looks beautiful with pink thread.

Mariana continued her words, “It will be her birthday soon. She wanted a jumper. She must be happy with this jumper.”

But Lorena realized that she had not seen a child at all at home, and it was clear that Mariana lived alone. “Then, where is your daughter?”

“She lives with his father after we divorced.”

She felt that she shouldn’t have asked about her daughter. She understood what Mariana felt. But she felt Mariana was still luckier than she was. She had a chance to see his daughter.

Lorena though that the moment was dissolved in sadness. She felt that she should divert the conversation. “I remember before I moved, I left some of my stuffs. Mr. Ritshel said he kept it in the basement. Have you thrown it away?”

“I don’t know, it seems like it was there. Since I moved here, I have never entered basement at all.”

It made her very relieved. It meant no one has touched the crystal yet. She asked permission to enter the basement. "Can I go into the basement? I want to get back my stuffs.”

“Of course you can. But are you going to do it now? I think tomorrow is better. It’s getting late.”

“Of course not. I’ll do it tomorrow. I’m just asking your permission. After all, you have the full right to this house.” It seemed that God still blesses her because God has made it easy to take the crystal. “You’d better continue this tomorrow. It’s getting late, don’t push yourself.”

 “You’re right. Then I’ll fix it. You should rest too.” Lorena gave advice to Mariana. She saw his eyes were getting tired.

 “Good night.” Lorena stood up and walked towards the door. Her steps stopped, she thought of saying a very sweet thing to Mariana so that his sadness was reduced. “Your daughter is very lucky to have a mother like you. It makes me jealous.”

She smiled after that. Then Lorena left him alone.

***

“This room is very dusty.” Lorena muttered when she entered the basement. Even though it was fair because no one took care of this room. It made all things were rotten and rusty. She wasn’t even sure there was anything she could carry.

 At least she brought some of her stuffs. Because she had already told Mariana. She opened a cardboard that was at the top.

Inside the box was his mother’s clothes. She took one of the dresses that her mother often wore. The dress was light brown. It was made by chiffon.

"I'll take this." She had decided to take some of her mother’s clothes. Then, she remembered Mariana’s daughter. She also looked for a cardboard box containing some of her toys and accessories when she was a kid. She wanted to give his own to Mariana’s daughter.

Lorena felt she had been rummaging through everything in the basement for a long time. But she didn’t find the presence of Crystal at all.

She was very sure that Hansel kept Crystal in the basement. “Did he lied? But he never lie. Then, where did he put the crystal?”

After the massacre, Hansel hid the crystal that Fayfiend was targeting. He put it in the basement.

For the umpteenth time she really hoped if Hansel was still alive. So, everything would be easy. Hansel also definitely wouldn’t let her be in trouble.

In a moment of giving up to search for Crystal, she remembered that Hansel has said something about Crystal. He said, “Ren remembers this well. It’s about Crystal. Door – my birthday – my name.”

Afterwards, Loren stood up and walked towards the door. “Door, Hansel’s birthday, then Hansel.”

She was still trying to digest the meaning of those words. “Could it be the floor? Hansel was born on January 20.”

Lorena stepped while counting the number of floors she stepped on. After the 20th floor, she has two options whether the floor is on the right or left.

“The right or left floor?” But she decided to check the two floors. At first, she checked the left floor. But the floor couldn’t be opened at all. She thought of destroying the floor, so she could find Crystal. “Seems like I have to destroy this floor first.”

Then Lorena checked the floor on the right. When her feet were on that floor, she felt that the floor was swaying. She stomped his feet several times to make sure that the floor was indeed swaying.

“This must be.” She immediately opened the floor. Behind it was a small chest with the inscription, “Diaphanite. I’ve found it.”

She was very happy to have found the crystal. Because with that she can help Grandpa and Ansel to kill Fayfiend. For her, this was not just a revenge. But it was as revenge for the death of his family.

In the end the moment she was waiting for would come soon.

So far she has been silent and too traumatized about the massacre that Fayfiend carried out against her family. However, she knew that she was weak and couldn’t do anything, she chose silence. If she fought, it meant she sacrifices his soul.