Invisible

When Heka got home, he tried to get rid of everything that had happened. For him, it was a nightmare. He hoped it didn’t happen again.

He saw his mother preparing dinner. He tried to say, “Mom, I’ve already eaten.”

At home, it was same as before. His mother was completely unaware of his existence.

He saw his mother was cooking and seemed heard anything at all because there was no response. He tried to call his mother again, “Mom… Mom… ”

Then he approached right next to his mother, “Mom, do you not see me?”

He also tried to see the reflection on the knife that his mother was holding. It was same. There was no reflection of his at all.

It drove him crazy. Everyone was completely unaware of its existence. As he had died.

The only person who realized his existence was the person who had hit him. He didn’t understand about what exactly happened. So, he went away.

There was one thing that crossed his mind. It was a mysterious mansion that he saw in the forest. He rushed back to the forest. After he entered the forest, he saw the car that he chased after before. He felt that someone waited for him.

He realized that Heka had returned to the forest. He drove the car.

Heka followed him. He didn’t care where the car led him to a strange place.

Although, he was sure that something deliberately trapped him. So, no one could see him. At least, he had hoped that everything would become same as before.

He saw the car pass a pair of large trees. Right in the middle there was a thick fog. “Is that a portal?”

That was what he thought about. It was completely covered by fog. It scared him. It was getting dark, but he forced himself to enter. He drove slowly.

The fog was thick and covered the view completely. There was nothing he could see except the white mist. However, he had to go to get out of the fog. He didn’t even care about anything around him. Also something that he hit, or he finally could get out of the fog.

At the end of the thick fog, there was a mysterious mansion that he had seen before. He also saw the car he was following stopped in front of the mansion.

Heka got out of his car, then approached the car. He peeked through the car window. There was no one in the car. He thought the person must have entered the house.

He felt something weird. He was taken to the same place. But in a different way.

The road he took yesterday was not filled with thick fog. This time, the whole road was filled with thick fog.

He didn’t feel cold either. He turned to his car. There was no ice covering the car window. He walked over to his car. He touched the glass, “It’s warm. I don’t freeze, like before.”

He turned to the mysterious mansion. “What exactly is this place?”

He watched the mansion carefully. The mansion looked empty and dark. There was no lamp or candle radiating from inside the mansion. “Are the lamp out here or can't the electricity reach this place?”

He walked towards the door of the house. On the door was written the name of the house, “Kiervant Sky? It’s a weird one.” He ignored the meaning of the word.

He held the doorknob and opened it. He saw inside. It was empty without any property.

He stepped into the house. There was an open door on the left side. He headed towards the door.

There was nothing in the room other than that. It was filled with an object that was similar to a cocoon. It was a big one. It was blue and emitted a reflection of light similar to crystal.

Heka tried to touch the cocoon. The surface was so smooth and soft.

Suddenly, there was something that looked like a rope coming out of the cocoon. It wrapped him around and ensnared his hand. He tried to release the rope and moved away from the cocoon. But the trap of the cocoon rope was strong enough. He could not set himself free.

Dozens of ropes came out of the cocoon and attacked him. The rope wrapped around his entire body and pulled him into the cocoon.

His body was completely wrapped around him. He couldn’t move at all. His eyes were also completely closed with a cocoon rope. He couldn’t see what was happening to his body in a cocoon at all.

His body began to go limp and helpless. His energy seemed to be absorbed by the cocoon. He felt hopeless that there was nothing he could do. Maybe it was the end of his life as a cocoon meal.

****

Heka was thrown out of the cocoon. He was lying on the floor. He realized that he was still alive. He was grateful for that and was not eaten by a cocoon.

He stood up and thought it was better if he went away. “It’s better to leave this place.”

Heka got out of the mansion and got into the car. He hurried off and quickly left. After getting out of the thick fog, he stopped for a moment. He saw the morning sun shining out of the crevices of the forest.

He took his cell phone just to make sure how much time he had spent when he was stuck in a cocoon. “Today is September 5th.”

It meant he spent the night in a cocoon.

He felt a change in his body. He felt his body become stronger. The scratch on the wrist disappeared completely. He didn’t know what happened to him.

He wanted to leave that place. But he doubted whether he could get out or not. After he came out, did everyone still not realize his presence? Or it was the same as before, when everyone didn’t see him at all. Or maybe everything became normal.

However, he couldn't possibly be in the forest forever. Whatever happened to him, he must stay alive even though no one was aware of his presence.

There was one thing on his mind, Ansel. “Could I have to meet Ansel, and ask for his help? But there’s no way he can't even see me at all.”

He was curious about his reflection. He had to check it back and make sure that his reflection was no longer lost. There was a small river beside. He pulled over to the river.

Heka got out of the car. He walked towards the river. He saw the reflection of him.

He felt relieved that he could see his figure again. It meant everyone could see. Everyone was aware of his presence. Then, he got into the car and returned to home. He tried to summon everyone around him. He made sure that everyone could see him as before.