Bloody Mariage Part 1

Heka arrived at his house. He hesitated to get in. He knew that he was so doubtful whether everyone could see him again or not.

He opened the door slowly. He hoped that everything would return to usual. Although he was frightened because of what happened yesterday. It would recur.

After he left the mysterious mansion, he had confirmed that his shadow had returned. He had seen himself clearly in the river.

This time he has to prove it all, in the real world.

He entered his house. He felt his house was too quiet. He checked all over, but no one was home. It made him afraid and worried if something bad would happen.

He looked for the glass in the house to make sure his reflection returned. And it was not just an illusion.  Previously, he was doubtful that his figure was just an illusion. Moreover, the river was not too far from the mansion.

There was one thing that assured him. He could see his reflection in the mirror.

Then, he found a note on the dining table. “We attended Stacy’s wedding. If you can go home today, just come.”

“Stacy’s wedding is next week, on September 11th, isn’t it? Why did they change the day one more?”

He was just stuck in the mysterious mansion a whole night. But, after he got out, he missed some important things. He immediately rushed to change clothes and headed to Stacy’s wedding.

Heka indeed hoped that everyone could see him. So, he could return to his normal life.

He could no longer imagine what would happen if everyone couldn’t see him at all. He barely imagined his life shattered. There was no hope to live. It must have been much worse than living as the most hated person in the world.

****

Heka saw that the wedding moment was crowded. It seemed like all the guests had arrived. He took a deep breath and ventured to face all the possibilities that would happen.

He looked up at the sky to feel the bright sunlight. It could warm his heart. It made him feel that everything that happened to him was an illusion.

He stepped through the Flower Gate. He saw Arnold, who looked very happy at his wedding.

He was standing right in front of Arnold. He felt sure that Arnold was staring at him, but he also doubted whether the gaze was aimed at him or someone else. Then he tried to utter the first word. “Arnold, congratulations.”

Arnold immediately hugged him, “Heka, thank you for coming.”

He was relieved because he was able to get out of his nightmare. What he worried about before, did not happen. He also hoped that this was not a dream or illusion that destroy everything at one glance. Then, reality told him to wake up.

“Heka…!!!” He heard someone calling him. She was Clancy.

Clancy approached him and grabbed his wrist. “Heka, you have finally come. I’m so scared if you don’t come.”

“This is the most important event. Of course, I will come.”

“Come on…bye Arnold.” Clancy pulled him away. Heka followed her. Clancy took him to the front bench.

He actually wanted to meet his parents first. But it seemed like the wedding was about to start. It made him like the last guest that had been waiting. He could meet his parents after the wedding blessing was over.

Then, he remembered something he wanted to ask, “Clancy, why did the wedding day change again? Did something happen?”

It seemed that the question made Clancy confused. He could see clearly through her expression. But he couldn’t guess what was in her mind.

“What do you mean about? Change? For what?”

He didn’t understand what had happened at all. So, he had to know it. He cleared up his question, “Why does the wedding day change to September 5th?”

Clancy brushed laughing out. It made him meaningless for what exactly happened.

“Heka, today is September 11th. You must see the calendar on your phone.”

“Today is September 11th.”

It made him even more confused. Yesterday was September 4. That day, he was trapped a whole night in the mysterious house. He was sure it was only last night, no longer. He clearly looked at the calendar on his cell phone after successfully exiting the mysterious mansion on September 5th.

Then, why did he return to the human realm as if he came out in the week?

 “Do I do time traveling? Is this just an illusion? Dreams?” There was one thing on his mind. If that happened, what he has missed for a week.

“Where’s my order? You don’t forget to bring it, do you?”

He took out the box that was in his coat pocket. He gave it to Clancy, “Of course, I never forget.”

Clancy opened the box with a big smile. She showed her watch to Heka. Even though she knew that Heka must have seen it before. “Heka, what do you think about? Do you like it?”

 “It’s elegant, because you designed it by yourself.”

Then an MC reminded us that the blessing of the wedding ceremony would begin. Everyone turned to the Flower Gate. They looked at Stacy in a white dress. The dress was without any lace. It was made by scuba. But the dress made her very beautiful.

Stacy and her father walked towards the wedding altar. His father handed Stacy to Arnold. They both said the wedding vows and put on the ring.

Suddenly, the little bridesmaid who brought the ring fell. The basket he was carrying was thrown up. The basket fell right above the decorative lights. Heka’s parents sat right under it.

Because Heka’s father was above it, he had the initiative to take the basket. When he stood on a chair, heavy rain suddenly felt. The sky turned dark instantly. Previously, the sun was so bright.

Everyone ran over. His parents were too.

Unfortunately, the light exploded while everyone wasn’t able to run. It made cables and ceilings with wreaths collapsing. Several people who were running were also trapped.

The shards of glass that exploded were pierced into the bodies of his parents. Blood was rushing from their bodies. Therefore, they did not have time to escape from the fallen cable.

They laid on the ground. Rainwater causes the flow of shorted cables. His parents were in electric shock.

He was shocked to see his parents were being hit by an electric shock right in front of his eyes.