Chapter 118

Willow didn't have the time to hear the full story. But she knew Diana wasn't faking it.

The woman wasn't lying about her daughter and son-in-law being in danger. The rest of the details didn't matter. She had to find the device, if she still had it, and if not, it would be time to think outside the box.

Willow assured Diana that she would find the device, not sure how but she did her best to convince the anxious mother and watched as she left, hoping to get in contact with someone she knew, someone who could help fight this organization if need be.

Willow could only guess for now, but she would bet her everything on that someone being Simon Walsh. Not that it was her concern to know who Diana trusted or not. She had a job to do, and she would have to put her everything into it.

After Diana left, Willow stormed into her room and started rummaging through the drawer of her nightstand and the floor. If she could only find that damn device, everything would be just fine. She tried to search other parts of the room too, yanking everything out and tossing them on the floor.

Dan watched her from his place on the bed, his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"What are you looking for exactly?" he asked, his back to the headboard.

"Nothing," Willow snapped back, still pulling out things from under her bed and tossing them back behind her.

"Oh yeah, clearly you're looking for nothing." He rolled his eyes, frustrated. "Why don't you just tell me what you're actually looking for so I can help you out with it?"

"Are you stupid?" she groaned, pulling out the last drawer of her nightstand and flipped it upside down. "If I wanted your help, I would have asked for it!"

Dan rolled his eyes again, the frustration pouring out of him. "You're just wasting your time."

"Why don't you stop criticizing me and let me waste my own time? If I'm not doing what you want, the least you could do is stay quiet!"

Dan sat up straight, watching Willow pick up her mattress and look under it. She was really determined, and Dan knew there was no way of stopping her, even if he could. The only reason he wasn't helping her was because he was sure she didn't need any help. Or simply because she was still assured that keeping things from him would somehow change anything.

"That's a great way to spend a Sunday night, don't you think?" He got up from the bed and grabbed a chair from the desk, sitting on it and watching her throw the mattress aside. "I mean, why sleep when you can look under your bed for God knows what."

"Shut up," Willow snapped back, picking up another part of her room to check it for the device.

Dan just glared, crossing his legs and letting his head fall back to watch the ceiling. "Fine. Go crazy. But don't come to me crying when you've wasted all your night searching for this thing."

"You don't get to say that," Willow picked up another pillow and searched for it, "because you have no idea what's at stake right now."

"Well then, why don't you tell me? What's with all these fucking secrets?" He raised his head and watched her kneel down and reach under her bedside table to see if anything was hiding there. "Why do you refuse to tell me anything that has anything to do with your secret shit? You know I can help. I'm good at such things. It's my fucking job to find what's lost."

Willow stood up straight and frowned down at him. "You know what your problem is?"

"Yeah," Dan nodded, leaning closer to her and staring at her with his usual sharp eyes. "It's you and your inability to share anything with me."