Chapter 119

Willow sat in her car and stared at the steering wheel, her fingers curled around it.

"You probably think I'm crazy, don't you?" She asked, turning to see Dan sitting in the passenger seat, staring at her. "Don't even try to lie. I can read it on your face."

Dan shook his head, his expression calm and unreadable. He looked out the window, staring up all the way to the roof of the mansion. "No. I don't think you're crazy. I just think you're...well...not like others."

Willow snorted at that. "That's one way to put it."

"Come on," he sighed, looking back at her. "You can't blame me for thinking that. I mean, you did just tell me everything about the device, the reality shifts, the whole thing with Diana Price, and the organization and the fact that you have travelled through time."

She frowned, not liking his tone. "I told you because you wanted to know. You literally fucked me into the wall," she could still feel her core tingling after he'd fucked her twice in the same night. "You wanted answers, and I gave them to you. If anything, I think you should be grateful."

"Well, I don't know about being grateful but I'm amused for sure. I mean, how many people do you meet in your life who claim that they travelled through time?"

"Not many, I guess," She admitted, frowning harder as she started the engine. "But it's not something I can help. It's just the way things are."

"Well, I guess you're right."

"You can still leave and go about your business, you know? You don't have to stick around anymore. Especially, when you think I'm the crazy one. Wouldn't want myself rubbing off on you." She shook her head, a little disappointed with his reaction.

To her surprise, however, he scoffed out a chuckle, strapping the seatbelt around his torso. "Enough about that. So, tell me about your plan. You didn't find that thing in your room. What are you going to do now? Do you have any place in mind where it could be?"

Willow bit her bottom lip and started driving out of the driveway. She was fine with forgetting about the whole conversation that just happened. There was no time to waste anyway. Diana was counting on her, and this would be a terrible time to let literally anyone down.

She sighed. "Actually, yes. There's one place I think it could be, but I'm trying to think of a way to distract them."

Dan raised his brow. "Distract who?"

Willow shook her head. "You'll know when you see them."

* * *

An hour later, they were standing in front of the huge black gates. The guards could be seen strolling around the premises, armed with weapons and guns.

Willow knew they would not let her in. But she also knew she couldn't leave without checking it out.

Dan was standing beside her, staring at the tall wired fence covered with barbed wires. He could see several cameras pointed towards the gate, but he didn't see anyone around.

"So," he started, his voice low and uncertain. "Where are we exactly?"

Willow glanced at him before she returned her attention to the property. "Hendricks' Estate. I think it might be here."

Dan looked at her and frowned. "How can you be so sure?"

Willow scratched the back of her head, biting her lip. "I'm not. But if not here, then where?"

Dan crossed his arms over his chest, watching the guards patrolling the perimeter. He noticed two more of them walking along the fence. The security was tighter than he would have liked.