Chapter 133

Willow sat in her room, staring at their family photo that was taken at Carmen and Ronin's home party a month ago, the day when they announced their second pregnancy.

Such a happy day it was.

Sure, it was followed by all kinds of bad things, with Lewis Ladder trying to be the mean bastard and wanting his revenge on Diana, to make her pay for what she stole from him. But in the end, everything was fine again. They all made it safe and sound, and no one was terribly hurt. Simon Walsh had disappeared all over again and Diana was back to being secretive about her relationship with that son-of-a-bitch.

Well, not that it mattered right now.

Willow was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard the knock on the door.

When she looked up from the photo she was staring at, she was surprised to find Ronin's head peeking inside.

He looked so silly doing that, reminded her of their childhood.

She scoffed, shaking her head. "Come on, inside. No need to be creepy for so long."

"Thank God," he fake-gasped, walking inside quickly enough and taking a seat next to me. "I thought you were going to just ignore me the way you used to do when we were little. Remember that day when you convinced everyone to act as if they couldn't see me and I actually fell for it? I got so terrified, knowing that no one was able to see me and that I actually turned invisible."

Willow laughed, not able to help herself. "I still remember your face," she clutched at her stomach. "It was so worth it."

Ronin shook his head but a small smile played on his lips too. "It was a terrible idea."

"Yeah," Willow shrugged, a crooked grin on her face. "But you have to admit that it was pretty cool back then."

"And scarier than you imagine," he retorted, giving her a side-eye. "I almost passed out."

"Hey! It was not my fault you were stupid," Willow shoved him away playfully and he laughed, shoving her right back. "If you didn't believe me, you would have not fallen for it."

"Well, that's my curse I guess," he says, his eyes softening on me. "I always believed you. You were my older sister, and I always thought that you wouldn't lie to me. I was six."

Willow's heart swelled at his words, and she wrapped an arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer to her. "It's not a curse, silly."

"Of course, it is," he deadpanned, before breaking into one of his most handsome grins. "But nothing that I regret. Even if I lie to me, prank me, or make my life as miserable as possible, I will always believe you. Cause you're my sister, and I trust you more than I trust myself."

Willow didn't know what to say, and so she didn't say anything. She hugged him instead.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," she whispered against his hair, her heart squeezing in her chest. "I hate that I have to go away. But you should know that it's for my best. I need to move on with my life. I can't stay stuck in the past forever."

Ronin hugged her back, holding her tightly. "I know, and I understand. You have nothing to feel guilty for. If going to Paris and starting anew makes you happy, then you should do just that. As long as you're happy, we are happy too."

She nodded, her eyes filled with tears. "I'll call you every day. Promise."

"You better," he said, before pulling away with a soft smile. "And I don't care what kind of trouble you get into, I should be the first one to know. You're not getting rid of me that easily, sis."

"Oh yeah?" She teased. "Watch me."

They both stared at each other before bursting into laughter.

Ronin gave her one last squeeze before letting her go, "Alright then, let's not make this any harder than it already is. Go ahead, finish packing and I'll be back here to drop you to the airport."

"No need for that," She waved her hand in the air. "Carmen is gonna drive me there. And Molly too, I suppose. She said something about spending some time with me before I leave."

"That does sound like Carmen," he said and looked pleased. "Molly too, she's becoming really fond of you lately."

"And I do like her," Willow said, and she meant it. "She's wonderful. I don't know how that happened but Jasper probably hit a jackpot with this one. She's really good for him."

"You're right. Those two are perfect for each other."

Ronin stood up from the bed and just when he was about to open the door, he turned around again. Confused, he said. "Wait. If Jasper hit a jackpot, then what do you think about me and Carmen? Do you think we look good together?"

Willow knew Ronin only wanted to know what she thought of Carmen, and she also knew that no matter what she would say, he would only love her more.

Still, she smiled at him and said the exact same thing her mom said to her the day Ronin proposed to Carmen.

"You don't look good together."

Ronin's eyes widened.

"You look perfect."