I Need You (Y)

A few days passed since Sophie’s disappearance, and the school was buzzing with rumors. Posters with her picture were plastered on walls, and whispers filled the hallways. Denise kept a low profile, maintaining her sweet, innocent demeanor. Meanwhile, Uno and his team focused on their training, unaware of the dark secret lurking in the background.

During a break from training, Uno sat on the bleachers, sipping water and wiping sweat from his brow. Denise, watching from the sidelines, saw her opportunity. She approached him, her heart pounding with a mix of fear and excitement.

“Hey, Uno,” Denise said softly, taking a seat beside him.

Uno looked up and smiled. “Hey, Denise. How’s it going?”

“Good, good,” she replied, trying to steady her voice. “I wanted to talk to you about something. Something important.”

Uno raised an eyebrow, intrigued. “Sure, what’s up?”

Denise took a deep breath, choosing her words carefully. “I know you’ve been stressed with the game coming up and everything that’s been happening at school. I just wanted to let you know that I’m here for you. I care about you, Uno. More than you know.”

Uno’s expression softened. “Thanks, Denise. That means a lot. It’s been tough, especially with Sophie and the other girls missing. Everyone’s on edge.”

Denise nodded, feigning concern. “I know. It’s terrible. I can’t imagine what their families are going through.”

Uno sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Yeah. I hope they’re found soon. Safe and sound.”

Denise leaned closer, her eyes locking onto his. “Uno, there’s something I need to confess. It’s been eating me up inside.”

Uno’s brow furrowed. “What is it, Denise? You can tell me.”

She hesitated, then said, “I’ve been in love with you for a long time. I’ve tried to hide it, but I can’t anymore. Seeing you every day, knowing how amazing you are… I had to tell you.”

Uno looked taken aback, but there was a softness in his eyes. “Wow, Denise. I… I didn’t know. I appreciate your honesty.”

Denise’s heart raced. “I know it’s sudden, and maybe you don’t feel the same way, but I had to let you know. I just want to be there for you, to support you.”

Uno nodded slowly. “I’m flattered, Denise. You’re a great friend, and I care about you too. Let’s take things one step at a time, okay?”

Denise smiled, relief flooding her. “Of course, Uno. Thank you for understanding.”

As they continued to talk, the conversation shifted to lighter topics, and Denise felt a sense of victory. She had planted the seed, and soon, Uno would be hers completely.

Unbeknownst to Uno, Denise’s dark secret was hidden just below the surface. Sophie’s disappearance had been followed by two other girls who had shown interest in Uno. Each had met a tragic end at Denise’s hands, their fates sealed by her obsessive love.

Later that day, as Denise walked home, she allowed herself a small, triumphant smile. She had done what was necessary to protect her future with Uno. And she would do it again if anyone else dared to come between them.

That evening, Denise returned home, her heart still fluttering from her conversation with Uno. She made her way to her room, locking the door behind her. She paused for a moment, listening to ensure her parents were occupied elsewhere. Satisfied, she moved to her closet and carefully slid aside a false panel, revealing her hidden sanctuary.