I'll take care of you (Y)

The following morning, Denise woke up with a renewed sense of purpose. She quickly got ready for school, eager to see Uno and continue cementing their relationship. As she walked through the school gates, she saw Uno waiting for her by the lockers, a smile spreading across his face as he spotted her.

“Morning, Denise,” Uno greeted, pulling her into a hug.

“Good morning, Uno,” Denise replied, her heart fluttering. “How did you sleep?”

“Pretty well,” Uno said, pulling back to look at her. “I was thinking about you.”

Denise felt her cheeks warm. “I was thinking about you too.”

They walked to their first class together, chatting about their plans for the day. As they reached the classroom, Denise noticed Carla’s empty seat and felt a pang of satisfaction. Uno, oblivious to the real reason behind Carla’s absence, took his seat and pulled out his notebook.

“Ready for the big game tomorrow?” Denise asked, taking the seat next to him.

“Yeah, but a bit nervous,” Uno admitted. “It’s an important match. The team’s been working hard.”

“You’ll do great,” Denise said with confidence. “I believe in you.”

“Thanks, Denise,” Uno replied, giving her a grateful smile.

During lunch, Denise and Uno sat with Lance, Matt, Angelo, and the rest of the team. The cafeteria was buzzing with excitement about the upcoming game, and the conversation quickly turned to strategies and plans.

“Uno, you’re going to be amazing out there,” Lance said, clapping him on the back. “We’ve got your back.”

“Yeah, we’re going to crush it,” Angelo added with a grin.

“Thanks, guys,” Uno said, looking around at his teammates. “I couldn’t do it without you.”

Denise listened, a smile on her face. She loved seeing Uno in his element, surrounded by friends who supported him. Yet, her eyes occasionally flicked to the other girls in the cafeteria, watching for any sign of interest in Uno. She needed to be vigilant.

After school, Denise and Uno walked home together, hand in hand. The summer sun was warm, and the streets were bustling with activity. They talked about their plans for the weekend, and Denise couldn’t help but feel a sense of contentment.

“Uno, do you want to come over for dinner tonight?” she asked. “My parents would love to see you.”

“I’d love to,” Uno replied. “It’s been a while since I saw your folks.”

They made their way to Denise’s house, where her parents greeted them warmly. As they sat down for dinner, the conversation flowed easily, filled with laughter and stories. Denise’s parents were clearly impressed with Uno, and Denise felt a surge of pride.

“You’re quite the athlete, Uno,” Denise’s dad said. “I’ve heard a lot about your games.”

“Thank you, Mr. Star,” Uno replied, smiling. “It’s a team effort, really.”

Denise’s mom nodded. “We’re proud of you, Uno. And it’s wonderful to see you and Denise so happy together.”

After dinner, Denise and Uno retreated to the living room, where they sat on the couch, talking quietly. Denise’s parents left them alone, giving them some privacy.

“Your parents are great,” Uno said, leaning back against the couch.

“They like you a lot,” Denise replied, resting her head on his shoulder. “I like you a lot too.”