Welcome to the estate (R)

Flash forward six months...

Winter Manor buzzed with activity as Uno and Denise unpacked the last of her belongings. Denise had officially moved in, and the manor felt warmer and more alive with her presence. Their relationship had flourished, and while they kept it private from the world, their close family members were supportive and delighted for them.

Uno watched Denise as she placed her favorite books on a shelf in the library, her yellow eyes sparkling with excitement. He felt a surge of affection and pride seeing her make the manor her home.

"I can't believe it's finally happening," Denise said, turning to him with a smile. "It feels surreal."

Uno walked over and wrapped his arms around her waist. "It feels perfect," he murmured, kissing her forehead. "I've wanted this for so long."

"Me too," Denise said, leaning into him. "Thank you for making me feel so welcome here."

"You're not just welcome, Denise," Uno said softly. "This is your home now, too."

They stood there for a moment, savoring the tranquility, before Denise pulled back slightly, a playful glint in her eye. "You know, moving in doesn't mean I'm giving up the café."

Uno chuckled. "I wouldn't dream of it. I love seeing you in your element, doing what you love. Besides, it's always been a fantasy of mine to be the boyfriend who visits his girlfriend at work."

Denise laughed. "Well, you're in luck. You'll get to live out that fantasy every day."

---

The next morning, as the sun rose over Swindon, Uno found himself walking to The Blooming Brew. Denise had left earlier, eager to open the café and prepare for the day. As he entered, the familiar bell above the door chimed, and the smell of fresh coffee filled the air.

Denise looked up from behind the counter, her face lighting up when she saw him. "Uno! What a surprise," she said with a wink.

"Couldn't resist," Uno said, grinning. "Got room for one more customer?"

"Always," Denise replied, her eyes twinkling. "What can I get for you today, my lord?"

"How about my usual?" Uno said, leaning against the counter.

"One black coffee and a lemon scone coming right up," Denise said, turning to prepare his order. As she worked, Uno watched her with admiration, appreciating the grace and efficiency with which she moved.

A few minutes later, Denise brought his coffee and scone to the table. "There you go, sir," she said with a playful curtsey.

"Thank you, ma'am," Uno replied, playing along. "How's the morning been?"

"Busy, but good," Denise said, sitting down across from him during a lull in customers. "I love the rush. Keeps me on my toes."

Uno reached across the table and took her hand. "I love seeing you here. You always look so happy."

Denise squeezed his hand. "I am happy. And having you here makes it even better."

Just then, the door chimed, and a group of regulars walked in. Denise stood up, giving Uno a quick kiss on the cheek. "Duty calls. I'll be back in a bit."

Uno watched her go, a content smile on his face. He sipped his coffee, enjoying the simple pleasure of being in the place where Denise thrived.

---

Later that evening, back at Winter Manor, Uno and Denise curled up on the couch in front of the fireplace. The flickering flames cast a warm glow, adding to the cozy atmosphere.