Nightmare and Comfort (BTL)

Denise fell asleep with the rain gently tapping against her window, the comforting warmth of her bed making her feel safe. But as the night wore on, her sleep turned restless. Her dream morphed into a nightmare that made her heart race.

In the nightmare, Denise was back in the high school hallway, and she saw herself bullying Uno again. The cruel words and harsh actions felt more real than ever. Suddenly, Uno, his face a mix of sadness and resolve, pulled out a gun. Denise's breath caught in her throat as he pointed it at his own head.

"No! Uno, don't!" Denise screamed, but the sound was swallowed by the oppressive silence of the dream. Uno's finger tightened on the trigger, and Denise watched in horror as the gun fired, the scene exploding into a blinding flash of light.

She woke up with a jolt, her heart pounding and sweat coating her skin. The image of Uno's lifeless body haunted her, and she could barely breathe. Desperate to make sure he was okay, Denise grabbed her phone, her hands shaking as she dialed Uno's number.

"Uno, pick up, please," she muttered, her voice barely above a whisper.

After a few rings, Uno's groggy voice answered, filled with concern. "Denise? Is everything alright?"

"No, it's not," Denise said, her voice trembling. "I had a nightmare, Uno. It was horrible. You... you..."

"Hey, slow down," Uno interrupted gently. "What's going on?"

Denise took a deep breath, trying to steady her voice. "In my dream, you... you pulled out a gun and shot yourself. I can't stop thinking about it. I need to see you, right now."

There was a moment of silence on the other end before Uno responded, his tone soothing and reassuring. "Okay, Denise. I understand. I'll open the door for you."

Denise quickly got dressed and rushed out of her apartment, her heart racing as she made her way next door to Uno's loft. The rain had turned into a steady downpour, but she barely noticed as she hurried to his building.

When she arrived, Uno was already waiting by the door, his expression a mix of worry and relief. "Denise, what happened?"

Before she could answer, she threw her arms around him, holding on tightly. "I'm so sorry for waking you up. I just needed to make sure you were okay."

Uno wrapped his arms around her, comforting her. "I'm here, Denise. I'm fine, I promise. It was just a nightmare. You're safe."

Denise pulled back slightly, looking up at him with tear-filled eyes. "I was so scared, Uno. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you."

Uno gently wiped away her tears with his thumb, his expression soft and understanding. "You're not going to lose me, Denise. I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere."

Denise took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "I just needed to be sure. I was so terrified."

Uno nodded, holding her close. "It's okay. Nightmares can be really frightening. But we're together now, and that's what matters."

They stood there in the hallway, the rain continuing to fall outside, but inside, there was a sense of peace. Denise felt a wave of relief wash over her, knowing that Uno was safe and that they were together.

"Thank you for coming over," Uno said softly. "It means a lot to me."

Denise looked up at him, her eyes filled with gratitude. "Thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Uno smiled gently, leaning in to kiss her forehead. "You don't have to worry about that. We're in this together."

As they walked inside, Denise felt a sense of calm return to her. The nightmare might have been unsettling, but with Uno by her side, she knew she could face whatever came her way. And as they settled onto the couch together, wrapped in each other's arms, the storm outside seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the warmth and safety of their shared moment.