Lessons of Modernity (MCK)

After a few hours of the knights playing video games, they managed to fall asleep on the floor where they slept on the carpet.

Thankfully, Uno and Denise had laid out a mattress for them to fall sleep on once they fell asleep.

Denise watched with a soft smile as Uno rummaged through the kitchen, his newfound love for microwave popcorn making him an expert in the task. The smell of the buttery snack filled the air, and she leaned against the counter, watching him with amusement.

"Quite hilarious that they fell asleep faster than any of our mighty steeds," Uno chuckled, pouring the freshly made popcorn into a bowl.

Denise laughed quietly, turning her gaze back to the living room where the knights lay sprawled across the mattresses. "They've had quite the day. It's not every day they're thrown into the future, learn to wear suits, and master video games. I'm surprised they didn't pass out sooner."

Uno walked over to her, offering her some of the popcorn. She took a handful, munching quietly. "You've adapted so well, you know," Denise said, looking up at him. "Like you were meant for this world."

Uno gave a small, contented smile, his arm wrapping around her waist as they stood there in the cozy kitchen. "I'm trying. It helps that you're here. This world isn't so intimidating with you by my side."

Denise felt her heart warm at his words. She took his hand and led him toward the stairs, gesturing for him to follow. "Come on, let's head up to the master bedroom. There's something I want to show you."

Uno followed her upstairs, the bowl of popcorn still in his hand as they made their way into her spacious master bedroom. Denise opened the large wardrobe, and as she rummaged through it, she pulled out a white garment bag.

"I was looking through my grandmother's things earlier," Denise began, unzipping the bag, "and look what I found."

As the zipper came down, the bag revealed a stunning wedding gown. The dress was timeless-elegant lace detailing with a soft, flowing train, and delicate pearl buttons trailing down the back.

Uno stared at the dress for a moment, his eyes widening slightly. "Is that...?"

Denise nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "It's a wedding gown. My grandmother had it made for me before she passed. She even predicted my size perfectly."

She ran her fingers along the fabric, her heart swelling with emotion. "I didn't think much of it before, but now... now that you're here..."

Uno stepped closer, his hand resting on the back of her neck as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "You're thinking about us, aren't you?" he murmured, his voice soft.

Denise nodded, turning to face him. "I know it's still a lot to take in, but... if you and the others decide to stay in this world, we could have a wedding. You could even wear your armor for the reception, like a true knight."

Uno chuckled, taking a bite of his popcorn before setting the bowl down on the dresser. "My armor, huh? I like that idea. It'd be fitting, wouldn't it?"

Denise's eyes sparkled as she imagined it. "It'd be perfect. You, in your armor, and me in this dress... it almost feels like fate, doesn't it?"

Uno reached for her hand, his thumb brushing gently over her knuckles. "Fate, destiny, whatever it may be... I know one thing for certain: I want to spend my life with you, no matter what world we're in."

Denise's heart fluttered, and she leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his torso. "I feel the same way, Uno. I really do."

For a moment, they stood in comfortable silence, their embrace warm and secure. Then Denise pulled back slightly, her eyes gleaming with mischief. "Alright, now that I've shown you the dress... let's continue with your modern world education."